Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2014 Quilting Resolutions? >

2014 Quilting Resolutions?

2014 Quilting Resolutions?

Old 12-25-2013, 06:30 PM

I have a OBW to assemble and a SAS to finish before April when I dismantle my sewing room (the dining room) and put my house on the market. Maybe this is the year I will make serious progress on the "My Cats Garden" hand appliqued nightmare I've been working on for 14 years! Without a sewing room, it's time to get the handwork back out.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:22 PM

My quilting resolutions are:
1. To use up much more of my stash. We recently moved, and even I was appalled at how much fabric I have.

2. To take more time to be social, because I tend to hole up in my sewing room for hours and days, and when I
come up for air, I realize I'm very much behind on socializing.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:29 PM

My personal resolution is to make quilts for my 'grands' before I make a charity quilt. I'm not getting any younger, as the saying goes..
Old 12-25-2013, 07:55 PM

My resolution.. more out put than input!
Old 12-26-2013, 04:48 AM

I resolve to quit changing my mind about the color, design, etc. and just finish my son's quilt. He wanted burgundy and gray and then I added deep blue sashing and gold cornerstones. Now I wish I had not added the gold. But that would mean a lot of ripping out. I think I will just finish it. Or not. Maybe.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:28 AM

I do not make resolutions, to easy to break. I make plans. I have numerous BOMs and mystery quilts to work on and catch up on, so that is what I will do.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:29 AM

This is a good one - easy to remember, and applies to my entire life!

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
My resolution.. more out put than input!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:33 AM

You all have such great plans for the new year.

Mine is probably the same as it's been for a few years..... finish those UFOs. And I've made great progress this past year..... I'm down to 4. But, those 4 are going to take some time. That's okay. As I get closer to being finished on any of them I get more excited to finish. It's the middle part that bogs me down. I'm excited to start quilts and excited to finish them..... not so excited in the middle stages.

And I have a few quilts in the planning stages that I need to get done....
2 great nephew quilts to finish all the greats. I have a total of 15 great nephews and nieces and only have 2 left to make.... I'm doing okay.
I have a baby quilt to make for a cousin's 1st grandbaby. That one won't take long... just need to get it started.

So, my 2014 plans are do-able..... Yeah!!

Happy New Year to all of my quilty friends out there in QB-land. My crystal ball tells me we'll be encouraging each other all year..... you're a wonderful group to be friends with.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
As the house is all ready for my Christmas Eve guests, I just sat down in my sewing room and started thinking about 2014. I have to do a baby girl quilt (by February), 2 grand daughter quilts (college/high school grads) by May next year. And started thinking about the problems I had with quilting in 2013. To help me enjoy quilting more (for me) I made some important decisions (resolutions)

1.) Organize my notions, they are all over in different drawers, tubs, bags - I have doubles, triples of everything it seems.

2). I am overwhelmed by fabric abundance, so I am going to put together quilt kits in "dollar store" tubs. Put all the bags of scraps into 2 medium tubs, the rest of the scraps I will let go. Then I will put all large 5 yards or more fabric on boards to make it easier to see potential backings.

3). Buy extra bobbins, and when I put together a project, wind 6 or 7 bobbins and put them and the spool of thread with the fabric.

4). I am going to give myself "permission" (silly but I have to do this) to have 4 or 5 quilting projects going at the same time. Maybe this will prevent me from getting bored with a project and creating more UFO's.

5). I will buy no new fabric unless it is for a project (baby girl quilt). (Ongoing fabric moratorium - first resolution usually broken).

Any suggestions for me to add,

What are your quilting resolutions for 2014?
I like yours but I also want to add:

Do some work on each UFO that I already have.
Make at least 1 charity quilt for an adult and 1 for a child.
Start early on Christmas gifts.
Spend more time on my embroidery machine.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:04 AM

I made a quilt top for our bed---over a year ago. This year, I resolve to get the darn thing done and on our bed! I need to make at least one armchair caddy for a friend, and another friend has requested a wedding quilt for her son who is getting married in **gasp** June...so I had best get on that!