Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
There is a new longarm version on the market >

There is a new longarm version on the market

There is a new longarm version on the market

Old 12-30-2013, 02:42 PM

Default There is a new longarm version on the market

http://www.kathyquilts.com/Mid-Arm-M...uilts.com.html

I wondered if anyone has any input, it appears to be released very shortly if not already
The Block RockiT seems as if it is reasonably priced for the product offered
I am interested in any reviews if you do get one please post

Thank you
Jane
Old 12-30-2013, 03:25 PM

Looks like a nice option for those who already have Grace type frames.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:30 PM

Wow. That is the first time I actually saw a price tag attached to a machine. Usually you have to go in to find out how much things cost. I will monitor this thread bc I would like one soon.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:42 PM

I want to see how it performs, once the machine makes it to reality. It does attract my interest for sure.
GEMRM
Old 12-31-2013, 05:14 AM

Be careful, that price does not include a frame or the rear handles!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:27 AM

Also my take on it. Cant do pantografts without rear handles.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:24 AM

The moderator of the GraceFrame Yahoo group is the owner of "KathyQuilts" and creator of this machine. He and his wife wanted to make a machine for those of us who wanted an affordable machine to use with our hobby. I personally couldn't afford the larger machines without going into the quilting business. I have pre-ordered this machine, which will come out late January 2014) because of the support he gives the group with quilting problems regardless where you bought your machine. His wife quilts professionally and they both have a desire to help quilters succeed. The price even without the rear handle (which will sell for $95), is better than any machine I have researched over the last several years. I have outgrown the throat space on my Janome 1600. This machine will allow me to keep my frame and increase my quilting space. I am a member of his Yahoo group and am anxiously awaiting this machine. No, I did not get paid to say all of this.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:29 AM

This sounds like a perfect machine for someone who uses it solely as a hobby and is currently using a DM on a frame. Some people only do meandering and would be very perfectly happy with this larger throat for that if they do not wnt to mess with getting a new table. This machine is a very good price.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:10 PM

Hi Dianne,

The Block RockiT 14+ doesn't come with a frame or rear handles but at the price of $3,899 you can get rear handles for $99 or the Grace SR2 Queen size quilting frame for $100 more. The really huge savings is when you upgrade and get a brand new Grace Frame. There are a bunch of people out there that one really nice Grace Frames but don't have a machine on it that lets them take advantage of what the frames are designed to do.

If we had the resources of a huge company we might be able to do a little more but if you notice all the major manufacturers have stepped over this size of frame and jumped up to 18 inch machines and they charge a $8,000 - $9,000 for a machine that only has 3 1/2 more inches. KathyQuilts.com will sell this machine to people either with or without a frame. We will do a lay-a-way program or whatever it takes to help them get their new machine. We just want everyone that wants to quilt on a machine, that has the features of a longarm but don't want to pay the high price, to have an affordable option.

We are hoping to have more in depth videos by the end of next week that will show what the Block RockiT can do. Kathy will post on our web site blog how it compares to her Gammill Classic after we get our videos taken care of.

Thanks

Lynn
KathyQuilts.com
Old 05-29-2014, 05:47 AM

Default How do you like the Block RockiT?

Originally Posted by crideout View Post
The moderator of the GraceFrame Yahoo group is the owner of "KathyQuilts" and creator of this machine. He and his wife wanted to make a machine for those of us who wanted an affordable machine to use with our hobby. I personally couldn't afford the larger machines without going into the quilting business. I have pre-ordered this machine, which will come out late January 2014) because of the support he gives the group with quilting problems regardless where you bought your machine. His wife quilts professionally and they both have a desire to help quilters succeed. The price even without the rear handle (which will sell for $95), is better than any machine I have researched over the last several years. I have outgrown the throat space on my Janome 1600. This machine will allow me to keep my frame and increase my quilting space. I am a member of his Yahoo group and am anxiously awaiting this machine. No, I did not get paid to say all of this.
I also am using the Janome 1600 on a Gracie and have outgrown it and am seriously thinking of purchasing this. Is there much more space and is it worth spending the money for that extra space? I spoke to Lynn and he seems to know his product. Would love to hear how you like it. Thanks!