Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So  do you know some one who owns cutters with dies? >

So do you know some one who owns cutters with dies?

So do you know some one who owns cutters with dies?

Old 01-02-2014, 05:19 AM

I love my GO. made a Storm at Sea which went together like a charm. I don't think these cutters are a flop. Also made a tumbler quilt and getting ready to cut a grandson's quilt that has a kazillion 2 inch squares in it.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:25 AM

I have an Accuquilt Go and 18 dies. I haven't used it much but intend to remedy that this year. My BFF used it and thought it was great. I will be using it for my next new project. As someone else said if you ask the ladies here you will see they aren't a flop. I have used mine to cut some left over fabrics into squares and rectangles. I've cut hexagons ready for a quilt and sashing for a quilt. I found very little wastage - no more than an eighth of an inch to one quarter inch. These I save for a friend who makes dog beds for the RSPCA. Nothing get wasted.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

I have the Go and probably about 80 or so dies. I haven't found a pieced quilt pattern I can't cut with the Go. I may have to go a little bigger or smaller on the block size though. It saves me a lot of time and no miss cuts. I have very little waste, not enough to save from most cuttings.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:15 AM

I have the Accuquilt Go and Love it!!! I went through my closet and pulled out old jeans and used the three of the rag quilt dies and blew through that pile! Now just need to sew them together!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 AM

I have issues with rotary cutting, so my AccuQuilt Studio is what keeps me quilting. I have great accuracy using it and as a relatively new quilter, I'm able to do curved seams like a pro. I have no fear of sewing an apple core quilt or a drunkards path quilt because I know the pieces are cutting right. I also have a full alphabet and can very easily appliqué someone's name on to the quilt.

I also used one of my appliqué dies to save a shirt my daughter ripped a hole in by doing a reverse appliqué. The die did the cut out beautifully and it looked very intentional for Canada Day (red shirt that we added a white maple leaf to).

I use it for paper crafts to. I can make really cool boxes to put charms in out of scrapbook paper. And I can make really nice tags for gifts too.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

Many think cutting paper will dull the blades. I use the hex die to cut papers from lightweight card stock for guild members that do English paper piecing. I haven't noticed any dulling of the blade at all. It still cuts fabric hexes as good as new.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Swap Hosts

I have a Go! and love it. No flop for me!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:26 AM

I have a BFF that is getting a computerized cutter for her Christmas present. Supposedly it is hooked up to the computer and any shape on the computer can be cut on the cutter. I'll see that first! She is so excited she can't stand herself either! But when the dealer (a guild member) calls to say she is delivering it my BFF is going to call me so we can both see how it works. I must admit I am getting a little excited to see it also.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 AM

Saw this advertised and am looking forward to hearing reviews on this electronic cuter before investing in a manual one. As I recall the price was reasonable compared to the manual cutters as you didn't need to purchase dies.

Last edited by AnnaPf; 01-02-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:55 AM
pw6

yes I have many dies and own the studio die cutter by Accquilt