Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 01-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

Here they are, the DJ appliques that I have done so far, in all their wonky-wobbly-ness!
The top three were done in December.
The rest this month ... thanks largely to two days waiting for the satellite dish guy to arrive.
I'm just kind of stumbling along and figuring out what I am doing here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]456904[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DJ-9Applique (2).JPG
Views:	211
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	456904  
Old 01-16-2014, 04:14 PM

I've got the Dear Jane Software and have not even opened the package! When did you say we were suppose to start this thread? Or are we even going to have a thread???
Old 01-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

QE, just lovely!
What are you waiting for Jeanie?
Old 01-16-2014, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
QE, just lovely!
Just too many UFO's on my plate right now. Waiting for the SYE, and mystery blocks to be over before I start another long term project. That is only a month or so away!
Old 01-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
I've got the Dear Jane Software and have not even opened the package! When did you say we were suppose to start this thread? Or are we even going to have a thread???
JeanieG ... I bet I waited six months before I opened my package ... and then finally, I got my nerve up. As for a DJ thread, I was not allowed to start one as the original DJ group are starting a new one, sometime soon (I think February?). Honchey, suggested that in the meantime, there's no reason why we can't plan here with HuntAnnette's FFC-DJ! I agree with OKSGlad ... just get that box opened and start with a block here and there. They fit nicely in between the cracks of UFOs. Sometimes when you just need a bit of a break ... then just make one!

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
QE, just lovely!
Thanks OKSGlad ... though wobbly and wonky they are. I hope I can get better ... or might be just downsizing DJ to skip applique.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:46 PM

ahhhh thy look great....think I will start on the appliques next...as soon as I`m done with the quilt I`m working on...feels like I`ve been working on it forever...lol but it`s getting there.....

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Here they are, the DJ appliques that I have done so far, in all their wonky-wobbly-ness!
The top three were done in December.
The rest this month ... thanks largely to two days waiting for the satellite dish guy to arrive.
I'm just kind of stumbling along and figuring out what I am doing here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]456904[/ATTACH]
Old 01-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
ahhhh thy look great....think I will start on the appliques next...as soon as I`m done with the quilt I`m working on...feels like I`ve been working on it forever...lol but it`s getting there.....
Thanks HuntA ... I thought some of them were pretty smooth, til I finished them off and gave them their final pressing. Am wondering if the pressing poked out some of the rough edges? And here I thought you already had been doing some appliques! ... where is my brain? I decided I better start trying to do them for if I left them all til the end, for sure I would never do them. Maybe if I sneak them in amidst, I can tolerate and endure?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:38 PM

appliques is my least favorite piecing....I haven`t done much so to me yours look amazing....if I do half as good I`ll be happy!! You are getting there....remember the turtle won the race lol I just love the idea of Blue Jane....it will absolutely be gorgeous....
Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Thanks HuntA ... I thought some of them were pretty smooth, til I finished them off and gave them their final pressing. Am wondering if the pressing poked out some of the rough edges? And here I thought you already had been doing some appliques! ... where is my brain? I decided I better start trying to do them for if I left them all til the end, for sure I would never do them. Maybe if I sneak them in amidst, I can tolerate and endure?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
appliques is my least favorite piecing....I haven`t done much so to me yours look amazing....if I do half as good I`ll be happy!! You are getting there....remember the turtle won the race lol
Oh but this is one impatient turtle! I want to do it right from the beginning ... immediately ... NOW!!!!!!! I just wish I had someone to mentor me IRL to help me along with applique. Am I doing things right? or wrong? that is the question! and someone to check in with sure would help, being that I really do not know what I am doing. In all honesty, despite all I have said, I am fairly happy with what I have done so far ... and not too discouraged.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:11 PM

What about using your sewing machine and doing a real small applique stitch around those edges? I've used it a time or two and I think it turned out ok. But maybe ok is not good enough? I hate applique too, and my arthritic fingers give me fits with all that small stitching.