Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of pen for new Steam-A-Seam II >

What kind of pen for new Steam-A-Seam II

What kind of pen for new Steam-A-Seam II

Old 01-19-2014, 04:48 PM

Default What kind of pen for new Steam-A-Seam II

What pen/implement are Steam-A-Seam II users using to trace designs?
The new paper is so waxy nothing works. Has anyone found anything that makes a decent
mark? I still prefer the adhesive to others plus I don't really want to purchase something else
when I have a full package of SASII.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:48 PM

I did'nt know they had come out with a new one. The last I had heard they were having trouble with the paper. Where did you purchase yours?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:12 PM

What I am using is the first formula that they came out with right after they lost the original supplier. I bought it last year at a show. Quite a few places online still stock this 'new' version. The adhesive is basically the same but the release paper is very waxy. Waxier than wax paper and it makes marking on it almost impossible. I have been primarily using it for my quilt labels. For that it works fine but I'm prepping a wool project and it is just not working.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:59 AM

I loved the original Steam a seam II lite. I always ordered the big roll in a box from my LQS. I do a lot of fusible applique. Don't know what I will use when that is gone!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:04 AM
KLO

I have a friend who bought the "new" stuff last year and she really did not like it. I also like the "old" stuff and still have some but I also would like to figure out what I am going to use once that is gone. Anyone have suggestions as to what is similar to the old stuff? Wait .... weren't there complaints about this new stuff and weren't they going to tweak it to make it better ..... or did I just dream that. Oh and if they did tweak it, how will we know which is which? Yes, I know, this is not the biggest problem in our world at the moment.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

When I read on quilt blogs that the production was halted I stocked up on the original Steam a Seam Lite. Walmart had the big box roll of 24”x 25 Yards. I had to go to three Walmarts to get three boxes. I don't have to think about buying anymore, I doubt I run out during my quilting life. Here is an update from the website: http://warmcompany.com/sas-update.html

Last edited by Onebyone; 01-20-2014 at 08:13 AM.