Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you have to the right of your sewing machine? >

What do you have to the right of your sewing machine?

What do you have to the right of your sewing machine?

Old 01-27-2014, 04:01 AM

I have a knitted wool pincushion that holds pins, scissors, and seam ripper.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:04 AM

Nothing to the right of my machine, I'm pretty much left handed!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:13 AM

A three tiered Lazy Susan with a magnetic pin dish on the top layer, an assorted of stuff on the second layer and the third layer has all my different feet, cleaning brush, etc. It is tight, but so far it works.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:16 AM

My machine is on a small table and there is just a little room to the right for my pin container (can't use a pin cushion thanks to Dave the cat), seam ripper, and other small tools, but to the right of the table I have a small antique night stand that I have a purchased ironing surface and my iron on so I can just turn in my chair and press seams. The night stand has a small cabinet and drawer to hold other tools I frequently use and my sewing machine manual. I wish I had more space but I make do with what I have.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:27 AM

About 12" to the right of my machine. Keep some jars full of pens, scissors, rotary cutters, journals, miscellaneous sewing supplies.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:30 AM

small magnifying lamp with seam ripper - always handy!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 04:36 AM

Years ago my DH made me a sewing table from two singer treadle bases, he topped it with oak wood and then stained and polyed it. It measures 6' by 30" so it is a very nice size to sew in general on. Above the table on the wall he put me those wired shelving shelves and about 2 months ago I finally got around to making 'pockets' for just about all of the smaller sewing items I use, (seam rippers, marking pens, pencils, scissors, Elmer's, chalk, soap slivers, etc.) to hang from the bottom shelf and this was because I usually ended up with a mess of items to the right of the machine where the 'real estate' was at a premium when quilting. Now I just keep a two tier 8" Rubbermaid turntable that I use for the sewing items I use on what ever current project I am working on. I am trying to deliberately keep my sewing table clean from all objects that I don't use on what the current project is. ( I have other bigger sewing paraphernalia stored elsewhere). For me this works great! This is my way of not getting defeated before I even start a new project as the table is usually pretty clear of any mess and I can psych myself into actually 'wanting' to sew instead of 'HAVING' to clean from the last project before I can proceed. (just don't know how long I can keep this pace...LOL)

Last edited by Sew Freak; 01-27-2014 at 04:43 AM.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:40 AM

A window to watch the sunrise, the window sill has an electric mug warmer on it, it shares with the cat who likes to watch kitty TV aka the bird feeder, several spools of thread, a stand for cone thread...
Old 01-27-2014, 05:11 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

My ironing board is to my right. Right under a window with lots of light. I sew, swivel and press seams, swivel back and sew! the cutting table is to my left.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:15 AM

I have lots of things, like scissors, pins, bobbins, pincushion. patterns, OttLite, mug rug, anything I think I might need as I am sewing. Like to have it right there. I also have a small table at the end of the sewing table to assist in holding all these goodies, lol