Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Eleanor Burns book should I buy? >

What Eleanor Burns book should I buy?

What Eleanor Burns book should I buy?

Old 01-29-2014, 01:10 PM

I think Eleanor Burns is the queen of quilting. I have several of her books......all are super, plus most are on her free videos to help you. My favorite is Quilting Through the Seasons.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:17 PM

jcrow - I have two of her books: Quick Trip Quilts - three easy stripped piece quilts. I also have Quilts Through the Seasons. If you want one, please pm me your address and I'll send it to you. I'll hang onto the other until I get organized to post other things I'm passing on.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:19 PM

I used to take my son with me to the Quilt In A Day shop (I firmly believe that when you start them out shopping when they're young, they are patient when you go shopping!) when he was probably between 8-10 years old. The guys in the video room (where all the magic happens) would let him hang out with them and he was always sorry when I was ready to leave. One day Eleanor Burns was there: He had seen her pictures in the shop and was so in awe, he went up and shook her hand. He was very excited! She is such a nice lady.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:23 PM

Another good Eleanor Burns book is Still Stripping after 25 years.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:51 PM
pw6

I have several of her books BUT I use this one the most. beacuse it has all sizes of quilts and nice patterns . "quilts through the seasons..."
Old 01-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Check your library also. I was able to check out a very long DVD of hers that contained quite a few episodes where she demonstrated how to make different quilts. I think it was an anniversary compilation of her shows.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:14 PM

She's awesome! She has contributed so much to the quilting world. Her can do, positive attitude has given encouragement to many quilters. She bought rotary cutting to quilting. She has simplified difficult piecing so we all have the confidence to try.

I have her double pinwheel book and dvd. I also have her Irish Chain book as well. I also have several of her individual patterns like her apple quilt. My next purchase will be the book, "Still stripping after all these years." Any of her books would be a welcome addition.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I knew her name and that she has a lot of books, and lots of quilters like her, but I never checked her out. Had no reason to. So glad I did today. I wish I would have tried her flying geese method years ago. I have a hard time with FG. Her way seems easy. I just put in my cart her small flying geese ruler. I'm reading about her different books. But so far I think I'm going to find the Egg Money quilt book. Thanks to you who helped me. And thanks for not making me feel stupid that I didn't know anything about her. I was afraid to ask this question because I was afraid I would look a fool.
Look a fool?!! Heck no, you've just been too busy quilting to watch tv or waste time on the computer, that's all! I need a bit more of that, lol! I have lots of her books, and I agree you'd love both her Egg Money Quilts book, and Still Stripping. Enjoy the journey!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Milli View Post
DITTO, I learned a lot with this book.
Yes excellant book!! Highly reccomend it!!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:43 PM

I just read some article about her the other day and she is referred to in the quilting world as Michael Jordan is to basketball. I forget how they put it exactly. She is one of the greatest and when I grow up, I want to be just like her.