Sick of winter?

Old 02-15-2014, 05:56 AM

Once again I find myself defending winter . I LOVE winter, love everything about it - even the almost full month of Jan and so far through Feb with most days in the single digits and/or below zero. I shoveled snow three times yesterday (only about an inch each time though) and was hoping for more last night. Going to an Ice Fishing festival today and can't wait to get out on the ice - even though I don't fish. Although I am looking forward to spring and starting my garden, I actually will be sorry to see winter go. But from the looks of the weather forecast I won't have to worry about that too soon. Love, love, love winter.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:00 AM

I'd gladly take some of the winter if you could please share it! I'm in the mountains of northern Arizona where we normally get snow. None this year, and only a short cold snap. I'm afraid it's going to be a long dry fire season here.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:15 AM

I feel the same way as Luvstoquilt. This winter has been the kind I always hope for. Not looking forward to summer heat and humidity. It is nice to have a change of seasons however.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jo M View Post
Yeah, that's pretty funny. We laugh about all this snow or we'll cry. LOL. Finally gave up, put on my snow bibs and went snowshoeing. Was fun, actually. If ya can't beat 'em - join 'em. According to NOAA's Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory, ice covered 78.7 percent of the Great Lakes this month. Hasn't been this bad since 1996. I think peak ice coverage is usually around 40 percent or less.
Yep - that's what we did. Could lick it so we joined it - bought a snowmobile. Still hate this cold but will be a little (just a teeny tiny little bit) sorry to see the snow melt. No = I take that back. The snow can go!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

I think of you quilters every time I walk out my front door. I had anticipated cooler weather which we had for a month and three times NOW I have had to drag out the shorts and tank tops. I give up. I think out here it will summer until fall of 2014 !!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:42 PM

We have had some very cold weather for ALABAMA, so low we had frozen pipes,,, yes we are waiting for spring.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:28 PM

Well, I'm from a part of the country where we don't get snow, and do get rain. That's when the hills are green. It's so pretty! The rest of the year it's brown and a fire hazzard. My sister and I were recently "forced" to move inland where, we've been told and noticed during weather reports, it is 10 to 15 degrees hotter in the summer. Since we prefer cooler temps, and were mostly spoiled by the S San Fransisco Bay area weather, we are pretty much dreading it. (no place to put an A/C unit outside of two of the bedrooms). In conclusion, I'm not tired of it at all!

We do feel bad for all the people so horribly inconvenienced by all that horrible weather.

Last edited by Celeste; 02-16-2014 at 07:31 PM.