Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Well here we go >

Well here we go

Well here we go

Old 02-18-2014, 06:08 AM

welcome from se TX
Old 02-18-2014, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Well, Bons welcome to the board. Anything you want to know about quilting and sewing, just any kind of needle work, you can find out here. This board is like an encyclopedia of all things with needles and sewing machines. Anything you can share will also be appreciated.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:46 AM

Welcome from Arizona
Old 02-18-2014, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
Hi Tartan. Beautiful Canada. We finally made it over that border a couple of years ago. My husband was working in NYC so we ventured over to Niagara on the Lake. It was as if a novel of a bed and breakfast had came to life. We enjoyed the Falls greatly from the Canada side but the true joy was finding that little spot. We keep looking for a time to return.

A power poster and my first welcome. I thank you greatly. Now to learn the lingo and slow my speed of my "want to do's". Look forward to chatting with you.

Bonnie
Old 02-18-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess View Post
Hello and welcome to the quilting board. There are lots of fun things to do here and an abundance of help if you need it.
Thank you Miss Rita. I need help a plenty! Not knowing any quilters in my circle of friends it just feels great to look at the conversations and be around this talk! I have to make a note to talk and not stalk!

I paid a visit to your state for a craft show in War Eagle. Such a nice area. My husband when he was much younger lived in a small town near there so was thrilled when I suggested we take the 5th wheel to the Ozarks. Eureka Springs was great and we fell for a wonderful German restrauant there. I have very special pottery pieces from War Eagle.

I hope to see you on the boards once I learn to navigate.

Bonnie
Old 02-18-2014, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pam S View Post
Welcome to the board. Glad you decided to join us.
Originally Posted by SueDor View Post
Hi from Ohio!
Thanks Pam and Sue. What nice welcomes already. Pam, I'm from western Ky., I went to MSU. if you know that area. And Sue I was born in Springfield Township of Ohio. Funny how little the world can be. A super member and a power poster, well don't think I won't be looking you girls up soon. Really, I am quite amazed when I leave my intense job, come home to see what denentia has done with the day today (my Mom), then scoot up to my machine...it's like that machine does time travel. Once I start piecing everything else goes away...except the pup that wants to lay on the pedal!

Chat soon.

Bonnie
Old 02-18-2014, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by NJ Quilter View Post
Welcome from NJ. I'm another self-taught quilter as well. Fortunately 'Simply Quilts' was being aired on HGTV at the time and was a wealth of information. You can do this! And, as much as I enjoy handwork of just about any type, I've yet to be able to master applique. One day, maybe. Enjoy.
Hi NJ. Oh, that's encouraging. Maybe I can teach myself something. Maybe that's what my husband menat by saying I was stubborn enough! You are so right though, when I found Missouri Quilt Company videos and Fat Quarter Shop videos addd to that all the sweet help from bloggers it's just amazing what one can pick up from todays' social media. Tartan, from this site, just mentioned in a post about The Quilt Show.com, as I thought what? I gotta go there! You need to know I don't sew so I spent last year developing an intimate relationship with my machine so "listening" to you guys chat has been fun. I've only appliqued on a machine and it was basic. Matter of fact my owl quilt has elementary applique and I just finished some appliqued shirts and aprons for one of my grandbaby's 1st birthday's. But I'd like to play with that hidden thread applique or some sort of piecing while sitting with the hubs after work as I'm acting interested in the TV!

See you on the board soon.

Bonnie
Old 02-18-2014, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Waving from NC. Hello and a big welcome! I love our swaps here. Just keep watching the swaps until one of them seems right for you, then jump in. You'll be hooked for life. There's always someone here to answer any questions you might have.
Hey Libster, we are state neighbors! Your swaps appear to be great fun. I am a member of a book community and the sharing, swaps and general knowledge is just priceless. As in my case, I don't have other quilters around me so my friends just can't talk the talk! I visited your albums. I will have to look at a slow and easy, a boom and fast and furious because currently that is mere swahili to me! but beautiful nonetheless. You touched on red and white though and I've been buying red fabric as we take trips and I find something that turns my head. Red and white quilts just say home to me.

chat soon I trust!
Bonnie
Old 02-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
Welcome from Florida! There are a few quilt shops in Atlanta I have had my eye on, so go there and you will meet quilters and find out about any Guilds in the area. But also, Welcome to the Board! There are some great folks here, everyone chips in to help with questions.
Hi Toverly, another state neighbor! Thank you for your welcome. I've made it to Atlanta Sewing Center in Duluth, Ga and what a find. A lady there has been more than kind with her assistance. I've taken one short strippers class with her and I'm ready to adopt her as a sister since I've none!

My husband is traveling again in March to NYC and is actually staying across from The City Quilter in the Chelsea area. I visited with them about charges to use their machines and was informed they could do private lessons if I could think on what I might be interested in. Well, OK, 4,000 bolts of fabric, public classes, private classes, the quilt gallery next door and the opportunity to see a show...um "yes, dear I think I will take a day or two off to go with you"! = ) So maybe I can get my thoughts together on what to learn. Hubs has no clue that he should just want me shopping for clothes instead of feeding the monster he's created!!

Hope to see you on boards soon as I know the questions are forming.

Bonnie
Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Abby'smom View Post
welcome from se TX
Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Well, Bons welcome to the board. Anything you want to know about quilting and sewing, just any kind of needle work, you can find out here. This board is like an encyclopedia of all things with needles and sewing machines. Anything you can share will also be appreciated.
Originally Posted by bjsmith57 View Post
Welcome from Arizona
Hey BJ, Tessa and Diane,

What warm welcomes from your group from all over the country, from senior and super members to power posters. If I don't gather some knowledge here then how can I gather it at all? I often have trouble sleeping so last night I just roamed the pictures board. That was great fun. I didn't get as far because I was reading comments and thinking what? thread dying? what? that's embroidery? whoa! The talent and knowledge was just impressive, and yes the community. Thanks for the shout out. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!

Bonnie