Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
This is how you add to your stash (or acquire one)! >

This is how you add to your stash (or acquire one)!

This is how you add to your stash (or acquire one)!

Old 02-25-2014, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS View Post
Don't talk to me until you buy the THIRD piece ~ ~ ~
Roflmao!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:44 PM

or you go buy a piece you like at 50% off then go home and find you already have that piece sitting in a bag along with all the other 50% off pieces you bought the last time. I guess maybe I should empty the bags as soon as I get home sp I wont forget what I already bought.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:15 AM

I am amazed at the strength of someone who can walk in a quilt shop and walk out with only 1 fabric. Well, I can do it if there is no sale fabrics and they are all sky high, but in a normal quilt shop you can usually find something and I do. I am one of the swap hostesses over at Bonnie Hunters Quiltville swap. We do monthly color swaps. I generally buy 10 1 yard pieces of our monthly color, cut out how many strips I need for swapping, and then I have those partial yards of 10, plus the swap strips I'll be getting. My bins are overflowing. We did 2 1/2" strips last year and this year we are doing 2" strips. Bonnie uses lots of strips in her quilts and this way they are already cut and ready to go. And as far as matching - I'm so over that! LOL. Scraps quilts are very liberating. I am doing a baby quilt with string blocks and I have to say I was particular about what went where, so I guess I'm not so over that as I'd like to think. But I have loosened up a lot. But fabric and sewing machines are my addiction. No one here understands that tho, do they??? lol