Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PQ1500S Quilting/Sewing Machine? >

PQ1500S Quilting/Sewing Machine?

PQ1500S Quilting/Sewing Machine?

Old 03-23-2014, 03:25 AM

I absolutely love mine...Ive had mine for six years and stll going strong. Mine is set up on a tabletop frame with a stitch regulator attached to it. One day i want to get a sturdier frame for it, but for now it works like a champ!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 05:10 AM

One other thing I forgot to mention was when I was first learning FMQing, I had a hard time regulating the speed for the foot pedal, so I taped a few layers of cardboard under the pedal. That way I could mash down and not go so fast the machine got away from me. Sort of like putting training wheels on a bike.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:43 AM

This is my absolute favorite machine for piecing and general sewing. It does everything I want and has most of the features that make sewing/quilting enjoyable.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

I have one. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. The only problem I had was the thread cutter un threading the needle every time I used it. I solved the problem by not threading the three hole bar at the top, just use the far right hole as a thread guide. That bar is there to add tension to the thread if more is needed. It took me forever to learn to use the auto needle threader. It's awkward but works every time now that I figured it out. I have taken the housing and bottom off the machine and it's easy to clean and inspect. Do not leave a spool of thread on the bobbin spindle. The loose end will start wrapping around the fly wheel and you won't notice it. Took me hours to unwind the thread very slowly. I've learned not to take the fly wheel end off. It's too tedious to get back in place. I oil it a lot. Be sure and use machine oil as machine oil is made to evaporate and not stay and get sticky and mess up the works. That's why machines have to be oiled a lot, the oil evaporates.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:03 AM

I have had this machine for about 2 yrs and use it for everything- FMQ, Piecing, general sewing. Ove the thread cutter and presserfoot adjuster. Needs to oiled often. great machine!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:17 PM

Default PQ1500s

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
One other thing I forgot to mention was when I was first learning FMQing, I had a hard time regulating the speed for the foot pedal, so I taped a few layers of cardboard under the pedal. That way I could mash down and not go so fast the machine got away from me. Sort of like putting training wheels on a bike.

Thank you you for regulating speed tip. I wondered what I could do to maintaine a certain stitch, I will try that.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:23 PM

Windy where did you get a stitch regular and do you mind telling me the cost of one?
Old 03-23-2014, 03:36 PM

Default Qp1500s

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post

I want to thank all of you for your tips and encouragement on this machine. I just quilted a piece of material for my special need adult daughter to make a craft bag. She just learned to loom knit, and regular knit so she and her aunt who is her staff worker will be making her craft bag. She was well pleased with the quilting. I think I'm going to like this machine a lot. I bought it mostly for free motion quilting.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:31 PM

I have this machine also. I use it for quilting. I use my Baby Lock for piecing. I like having the two machines set up for different purposes. I have had this machine for over six months, and it does a wonderful job of quilting. I use Connecting Thread Essential Cotton thread and it works great. The manual will show you where you are suppose to oil this machine.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:00 AM

I found it on ebay a few years back. I can't remember what i paid for it, i think may be a couple hundred for it. But not real sure. It is a great addition to this machine. I tried free motion without it, but never could be very consistent with my stitch length. And rather stress over it, i found my stitch regulator, and have been much happier. Its called the Sure Stitch if interested....

Originally Posted by Kl60 View Post
Windy where did you get a stitch regular and do you mind telling me the cost of one?