Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Bus trip to VT quilt festival and beyond >

Bus trip to VT quilt festival and beyond

Bus trip to VT quilt festival and beyond

Old 03-22-2014, 06:24 PM

Default Bus trip to VT quilt festival and beyond

Hi. Our quilt group is planning a bus trip. We leave from Lisbon and Potsdam, NY to the Vermont Quilt festival on Friday, on to Center Harbor, NH on Saturday and back to Burlington VT and home on Sunday. Dates are June 27-29. Anyone interested in joining us, or wanting more information, please PM me.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:11 PM

That sounds like so much fun! As it happens, I will be at the Vermont Quilt Festival, taking classes, volunteering, and seeing the show. If all you are doing is seeing the show, you won't need to know that the classes have been moved.

You'll love Keepsake. Have you ever been there? Take the bolts from which you wish to buy fabric and organize them by how much fabric you want, in other words, one pile for one yard each, one pile for 2 yards, each, etc. You won't believe how efficient and helpful these folks at Keepsake are.

If I were you, I'd carry a lunch both days, or get someone to bring bread, someone peanut butter, jelly, fruit, etc. You won't want to waste time at either place. You can find places to eat, inside or outside at Champlain Valley Expo (VQF) and out on the porch at Keepsake. No matter how much time you have at either place, it is never enough!

Oh, you might see if Keepsake has a booth at VQF (vqf.org) because, if they do, they may be giving away coupons for use when stopping at the shop. Also, there might be a Keepsake coupon in your VQF bag that you get when you register.

There are bathrooms and food easily available at the VQF show, and food close to the show on the streets nearby, but not much available at Keepsake.

Cricket
Old 03-25-2014, 03:14 PM
ro
Banned

cricket where would be a good place to stay. doesnt have to be fancy, as long as its safe and clean?
Old 03-25-2014, 03:43 PM

We did this trip a couple years ago and had an absolutely wonderful time, so we decided to plan it again. I really enjoy the VQF and you are so right, the folks at Keepsake are great. Great suggestion to see if they have a booth. I don't remember seeing one in prior years. You know, I hadn't thought about a bag lunch for the festival. Since that is day 1 of the trip, it just might work. Because we are bringing a bus to Keepsake, they do give us a 10% discount on all purchases and a small gift.

We are looking for a place to stop on the way from Montpelier to Keepsake for our group lunch. Any suggestions on a restaurant about a half hour or so NE of Center harbor that can accommodate 20-30 ladies?