Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!" >

Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Stressed out Christmas Quilter's "Report to be counted!"

Old 12-19-2009, 08:30 AM

Sorry to hear about losing your store! thank goodness for online quilt shops. I've had good luck with the few that i tried. I really like to feel the fabric first though.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:36 AM

I'm finished with what I am giving this year.I made a couple of wall hangings and with the leftovers I made a bunch of small table toppers or candle mats. Our group at church made about 175 Chrismas stockings to be givien out as part of a community project. I didn't make those all by myself but I finished a lot of them.
I decided that next year I am going to make tree skirts for everyone and one for me too, that will be about 6. I am starting right after Chrismas.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:37 AM

I need to finish handsewing binding on a table runner for son's Airstream. Been too busy working on remodel of our house and getting over a bad sinus infection to do much this year. Looking forward to "after Christmas" and getting back into my sewing mode. Merry Christmas All!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:41 AM

only a few more things to finish, so not too much stress in that department for me. My stress is dealing with troubled kids during a very emotional time of year. I am a foster parent and have a very troubled 13 year old boy who is struggling to make sense of his emotions, especially anger. I know to have most of these things done early because I never know what is going to come up as far as tantrums and meltdowns go.

a few things need to be finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60462[/ATTACH]

a few things done
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60463[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-60462.jpe
Views:	41
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	60462   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-60463.jpe
Views:	38
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	60463  
Old 12-19-2009, 09:03 AM

I can't even list all my projects in waiting for Christmas -- makes me DOUBLE-STRESSED to think about it!!

Handstitching binding on 2 quilts for family, doll quilt for DGD to match her big quilt (which I have finished), slippers for 2 little girls, and who knows what else!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:11 AM

I'm working on quilted wallhangings to go into the quilt hangers that dad had finished already (shock! he ususally starts about now) I need 3 finished (1 per couple) but I'd like to have a couple extra so they have more choice. Right now I'm almost finished quilting one 32" square and the border is just being turned for the binding. Two are ready to be sandwiched for machine quilting and one is quilted ready to be bound. They WILL BE DONE!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:01 AM

I still need to FM a wallhanging for Mom...need to start baking...almost done wrapping...need to get 1 more thing for #2 son(got to be even)...decided to make a fleece blanket for my Uncle(this morning), now need to go get fleece. Oh, and I need to clean house...............
Old 12-19-2009, 10:10 AM

Stressed isn't the word for it. I thought I would be done today, but... as I was trying to embroider my grandson's name on his flannel pillow case, the machine went kaput. The needle jumped clear to the right and hit the plate. It did that once before and a repair guy fixed it. 30 day warranty. So I just called him, Saturday, and he promised to get it fixed today so that I can finish it.
My new serger - in the middle of making another pillow case ran out of thread. Fortunately I caught it in time and was able to tie new thread on the old one so I didn't have to rethread the loopers - a nightmare.
Christmas dinner will be at our house so I'll have to clean off the dining table where I do most of my sewing. I guess I am not stressed, just busy.
No Christmas shopping this year, just sewing. I don't want to support China. The tree is up, a real one.
Merry Christmas, Everybody!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
I still need to FM a wallhanging for Mom...need to start baking...almost done wrapping...need to get 1 more thing for #2 son(got to be even)...decided to make a fleece blanket for my Uncle(this morning), now need to go get fleece. Oh, and I need to clean house...............
And how many cups of coffee did you have this am!!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:16 AM

Well, I was supposed to make big fleece floor pillows for daughter and boyfriend but got a reprieve when DH found something else for them and suggested I make them for next Christmas. Am knitting two identical scarves in different colors on a circular needle for two older lady relatives...pattern has given me a little trouble but I'll figure it out.

Hope to get cards in the mail on Monday might get there late but oh well. Need to decorate our little Norfolk Pine tree from Lowe's.
Getting in the spirit here!
lots2do