Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Opinions on Brother? >

Opinions on Brother?

Opinions on Brother?

Old 04-04-2014, 05:50 PM

If you order a brother online from costco, when it ask you for your member ship # you can use your friends and still ship and pay from you. I ordered a program like this a few months ago. Good luck to you.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:21 PM

I have 2 Brothers. 1 is also a embroidery machine (Project Runway), my DH bought me and the other is a Project Runway, I bought off Shopinggoodwill for 15 dollars because I like Brothers and it was light wait and smaller to take to classes. What a surprise, it worked great. I also have a simplicity quilter. I have a Juki mid-arm on a quilting frame. We are over run with antique and vintage machines, which we both use a lot. I guess it is personal taste,but I wouldn't trade my Brothers!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:46 AM

I have a brother that I got at WalMart for a couple hundred dollars and I love it. It is a quilting machine and came with ever thing you could want to quilt with, except a walking foot, so I went to ebay and got one really cheap and love that also. The machine will also embroider. It is also really light weight so it is easy to transport. I use mine every day.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:52 AM

I have a Viking Sapphire 960Q and a Babylock Anna as a backup machine. I like both of these just fine but plan on buying an embroidery machine soon and it will be a Brother.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:14 AM
Swap Hosts

Love the low end Brother Machines! The Project Runway series are all terrific and much less than $300.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:24 AM

My son got me a brother machine last fall. Now keep in mind I love the vintage machines, so I was hesitant. However, after using this brother I find I use it as much as my vintage and my Janome. I am really pleased with it for a newer machine. I think it would be great for traveling with. Certainly a lot lighter than the vintage machines. I might add it does great FM.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:43 AM

It is my understanding that Brother used to be a problematic machine, but it was bought out by the company that makes the Babylock. Since then it has improved dramatically and most people I know like them very well. Of course it depends on the features you want and what you will actually use. Also Singer used to be the epitomy of great machines and now it has fallen into disrepute. At our house we don't buy anything remanufactured or refurbished as we have had bad luck with several items we tried. If it only costs a few dollars more, buy new! I have a Babylock that does everything but make coffee and I really love it. Also have about a dozen other machines so feel I can make an educated comparison.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by judykay View Post
Does Costco sell them in the stores or only on line. I do not have a membership there but if hey are cheaper than othercstores itmight be worth the $50.00 .
You can buy from Costco online without being a member. I think they charge an extra 5%.

I have a Brother I bought about 7 years ago. It's light for travel and does everything I need. I just bought a Brother embroidery machine a few weeks ago. I have no problems with buying a Brother machine.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:11 AM

Everyone here has me thinking my particular machine may be the issue and not Brother machines in general. I keep looking at the project runway models and now i might actually get one.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:48 AM

I have 4 Brothers machines and like any other appliance it depends on how much you use them as to how long they last. Sams Club also has Brothers. Walmart has a good selection also. The only problem I have with mine is which one to use today.