Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along! >

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Elisabrat's Medallion Style Quilt Along!

Old 04-22-2014, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by MamaHen View Post
That's kind of what I was thinking too, but don't know what. thanks for encouragement Pam H, i'll dwell on it for a day or two. Now if I did, what kind of extra border would I like to make?????? hmmmmmm.
Also the green borders at the top and bottom as well as the gold are also wider than the corresponding ones on the side. It is now 60x78.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:50 PM

Quilter65, yours is coming along beautifully! Love what you've done with the ribbon and like your proposed next border as well. Must have missed the comment about the creams, it sure looks the perfect colour choices to me.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:02 AM

ah Quilter65 I never have meltdowns! ok I do but on my projects only because amazingly enough I mess up all the time. I know SURPRISE! sigh. it happens to all of us but the upside is when it happens usually something good comes out of it and its a heck of a lesson learned. So take it with a huge grain of salt we all love something different. LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you turned it from square to rectangular. I like both shapes myself so its purely a judgment call on everyone's part. I am now thinking maybe it will be easier to switch up to a rectangular quilt for mine also.. see even some of those who 'know' pick up good ideas from others also. I would love to see everyones quilt. I am thinking mine will only go one more month but can do another quilt round on another quilt for one more month if its wanted and if its needed. So let me know!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:50 AM

I like the pace of the train ride. It is where I can keep up even with life getting in the way. Allergy season is almost over ! My medallion is a hand pieced Sun Bonnet Sue in 30's green fabric. I then use all color scraps for each round. It will be a donation quilt. Will learn to post phots when I purchase a new camera soon I hope. Happy Easter Season to all.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:03 AM

Quilter65--your quilt is turning out great!! I like your ideas for the next borders. The cream looks good and you have a good blend of the reds and greens.

I have enjoyed seeing everyone's progress even though I haven't commented very much lately.

My headaches are finally subsiding (had some level of a headache/migraine every day for more than a month now), my shoulder and elbow are feeling much better, and I think I will actually get to sew this coming weekend. This is the first project I want to get back to. I am still back on round 3 (and I only did half of round 2 since I decided to make my center rectangle at that point).
Old 04-23-2014, 08:34 AM

Beautiful, Quilter65, and so festive. I was thinking that now that the tops are getting so big, maybe we should also include a close-up picture so we can admire the fabrics.

Carrie, OMG, I can't imagine a month of headaches. I used to get 3-day migraines so I can sympathize with you. So glad to hear you're better.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
Beautiful, Quilter65, and so festive. I was thinking that now that the tops are getting so big, maybe we should also include a close-up picture so we can admire the fabrics.

Carrie, OMG, I can't imagine a month of headaches. I used to get 3-day migraines so I can sympathize with you. So glad to hear you're better.
Yes I think some close ups of our fabric choices would be great, that is when we have finished our tops.

Y
Old 04-23-2014, 10:10 AM

I made this quilt from most of the same fabrics as the medallion quilt. Interesting to see how different they look. Also someone had talked about border fabric and this one uses it. They are about 15 inches wide. The quilt is 93 x 108. I am getting it ready for the longarmer today. Can't imagine wrestling it under a DSM. See how the look is changed by the different border:[ATTACH=CONFIG]472793[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472794[/ATTACH]This is the border and I might add it is much faster to add one piece than it is to piece the blocks, etc., but I like the look of both. Jaba, I said I got carried away when I found this stuff on sale.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3774 (Small).JPG
Views:	219
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	472793   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3777 (Small).JPG
Views:	189
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	472794  
Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 AM

Quilter 65, that is really nice, I like all your borders. A job very well done!!! Now to just complete mine, but outside stuff needs to be done first, it's not raining.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:22 PM

Quilter 65 it looks beautiful! You have done a great job on the quilt and love all of your "tentative" borders that you have shown. Can't imagine you or anyone else being unhappy with the outcome of this one, Just in case you don't think anyone will like it....you can send it my way. I'll quilt it and all, that'll save you lots of money...do you need my address or do you have it???