Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ohhh....I've just got to share this..... >

Ohhh....I've just got to share this.....

Ohhh....I've just got to share this.....

Old 05-30-2014, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

Glad you have a happy ending
Old 05-30-2014, 05:32 AM
Suz

Sounds like the pigeon took too many turns and then spent the winter in a warm spot. Anyhow, I am happy for you and for your sister. I can only imagine her delight when she opened the box and found your handiwork. Yes! Thank you, Lord.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:33 AM

Mailing anything to Europe is a chance game, I know! Over the years I had stuff mailed that were received after 6+ months and I received padded envelopes that were empty but still delivered!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:15 AM

Oh, so unbelievable! I just ordered some fabric from New Zealand. It will be enough to finally make a quilt with the FQs I bough on my trip there several years ago. I hope it doesn't take that long to get here!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Power Poster

It must have been on a slow boat to China before going to Germany. I'm so happy that she finally received the quilt. Sometimes you never know how things get to where they are going. I once ordered undergarments from a reputable women's catalog, I never received it, but apparently the package had been opened and empty. I hope they were the right size, but thankfully they filled my order again and I received what I had ordered. There must have been gremlins at work on that quilt, however, angels found it and took it home.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:21 AM

Wow, that must have been so heartbreaking. You had hope. YAY for you and her!
Old 05-30-2014, 12:15 PM

It wasn't a quilt I sent but I sent a box of things to DD, SIL & grandsons to Bulgaria, when they hadn't received it after 3 months my SIL went to the postal place & the man at the counter said it was there somewhere & for a price he would go look for it! SIL says they do that frequently at the post place there so he told the man no thanks he'll just wait for delivery, it finally showed up 2 weeks later! And the price for mailing it to them was almost $300, now I just send money in with a card taped very securely around it.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:15 PM

Terrific! All's well that end well! froggyintexas
Old 05-30-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It wasn't a quilt I sent but I sent a box of things to DD, SIL & grandsons to Bulgaria, when they hadn't received it after 3 months my SIL went to the postal place & the man at the counter said it was there somewhere & for a price he would go look for it! SIL says they do that frequently at the post place there so he told the man no thanks he'll just wait for delivery, it finally showed up 2 weeks later! And the price for mailing it to them was almost $300, now I just send money in with a card taped very securely around it.
Just a tip about sending money, I was told once that the mail passes through some kind of X-ray machine and if there is money inside they can see it and the envelope tends to then disappear, so to "fool" the machine, you should wrap your note in some alufoil!!! Good luck, specially with sending ANYTHING to countries east past the borders of Germany, Switzerland, Finland and even Italy is not that safe either, sadly....
Old 06-02-2014, 09:26 AM

Oh happy Day! I'm glad it arrived.. given enough time I think most of them do show up... When I was a kid my dad used to say things that arrived so slowly "must have been on a slow boat from China".. Guess they have slow boats coming and going everywhere! (the only thing china had to do with his statement was that china was about as far away as you could get from us.. he didn't have a unkind bone in his body!.. just in case someone would feel bad reading that)