Adult Bibs

Old 06-05-2014, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Nice! I use mine when in the car.
Sandy
Yes, this is a great idea! Lunch on the run--would save some embarrassment with afternoon shopping! Could fold up and keep in a door pocket or glove compartment. Handy when needed.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:54 AM

Your bibs are great. You might try putting the Velcro opening a little more on the side (not so much in the middle in the back). When it's more on the side, she'll be able to put it on and off longer on her own. I'm sure all the lady's at her table think these a very nice. You did a wonderful job.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:53 AM

My guild's charity project for the year was clothing protectors. They were easy to make and we made over 120 of them.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:11 AM

Like many other folks my husband and I generally take a break from our busy day when we sit down, plate in hand, and turn on our local news or some other TV program while we eat.. Since we don't lean forward over our plate like you do while sitting at a table, one or the other always seems to dribble something on our clothes!! I hadn't thought about holes in spoons or missing tines, but these seem like the perfect thing for anyone!! Not just seniors or children! I have some cute fabric, I think I'll make a few.. Husbands may not think they're great.. But I hate stains on the front of me!
Old 06-06-2014, 02:28 PM

This is so timely! My SIL works in a small adult home with 6 mentally disabled adults. She hinted around that they need some adult bibs because they only have a few and have to launder them so much. I don't know why she didn't come right out and ask me. She has no problem asking me to fix her stuff. I'd much rather make something new than repair something. Anyway I found a tute online and have made a few so far. The next time I see her, I will have a stack for her to take to work. Mine are made similar to the ones in this thread. They are simple to make and take very little time.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:17 PM

I make these shirt protectors for my BFF's DH, who is in a rest home. You can search online for free patterns. There are a ton of them available. Here's one that I use:

www.fishsticksdesigns.com Click on Tutorials and go down to "Bibs in All Sizes" I use velcro instead of the snaps. They are so quick and easy to make. They are so appreciated by the residents and the staff.
Please prewash your fabrics and use something that can stand up to being washed with hot water.

Last edited by Libster; 06-06-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
lovely thought and gesture. The fabrics you chose are sweet and soft.
I agree with Debra. So thoughtful and kind of you to make them for her.