Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How often do you sew? >

How often do you sew?

How often do you sew?

Old 06-07-2014, 06:09 AM

Now, when I am physically able. Sitting isn't easy for me now, after back surgery. I have a DH who requires much attention, so I don't sew 1/4 as much as I used to, and I am retired.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:16 AM

When I was working full time and had kids at home my main hobby was porcelain doll making. I worked on the dolls at least a little bit every day. I found that working on something that I loved refreshed and rejuvenated me. Concentrating on fine detail work erased whatever work problems had come home with me.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:32 PM

I don't sleep that well, so if I wake up (which is more nights than not). I just go on down to my sewing room.. Purposely built on the far end of the house, and sew until I want to sleep more, or morning dawns, whichever. I used to lay in bed trying to fall back to sleep, now I just go sew!
Old 06-07-2014, 12:46 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

When I was working .. LOL .. I used to sew on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights .. Now I sew all the time that I am unemployed and crochet my little heart out too ! LOL
Old 06-07-2014, 01:56 PM

I sew almost every day. I am a seamstress for a bridal shop and work 3 to 4 days a week and I quilt on my off days.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:17 PM

I retired in 2007 and took a new full time job in 2011. I sew in spurts. Sometimes I go over to the sewing room every night for several hours and some weeks I don't get over at all (those weeks are rare). I try to go over if only to work a little on organizing scraps.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:42 PM

I not only work fulltime, but also have online college as well. I am either on the sewing machine (piecing or embroidery) or on my LA at least twice a week, and more if time permits. Quilting is how I de-stress, unwind, lose the mental strain from my job (I'm a tech professional) and just generally "calm down". If I go longer than a week, I get seriously cranky (make that uber-b**ch). Even when I'm mentally tired from either work or school (or both), sewing/quilting helps me "unplug" so that I can sleep better. HOWEVER... with that said, I haven't finished anything of "my own", as I've been LA'ing for others since the first of the year.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

After a long break from full-time work I am back working in a new field (disability support work) part-time. Just over the last few weeks, work has started to get almost up to full-time (with long travel hours). By the time I do the housework and animal care there is only a brief time in the evenings for quilting. Hopefully things will even out and I will be able to slot in some quilting time, just now I wistfully gaze at my quilting corner and sigh.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:56 PM

I work full time so my time to sew is a bit limited, but I do try to make time for it. I try to sew for a few hours one day on the weekend and usually manage to sneak in an hour 2 or 3 evenings during the week. My "sewing time" is normally sewing, but sometimes it's organizing fabric, or a trip the the quilt shop for something I need.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:27 AM

I miss very few days getting at the machine. Some days I just get to doodle and plan a quilt before I get to sit. Today I am cutting borders for a quilt that is for me. I have posted a query but it hasn't been approved yet, so it isn't up. Please check it out and let me know what you think. I am mitering the corners so my applique will go around the corners smoothly and I'm not sure of the rest.