June weight loss

Old 06-07-2014, 05:25 AM

The total weight loss for our group last month was 32.5 pounds. That is fantastic.At WW my leader used to say to visualize a pound as a pound of butter. WOW that is a lot of butter. Awesome job everyone.
I had PT yesterday. She was pretty tough on me. I was sure I was going to be sore but it actually feels better today. I still can't quite straighten it or bend it enough so I am still using one crutch It will be nice to get rid of that. I am heading to the mall today to return a couple of things. I am trying to work out in my mind the shortest route to get to the stores I need.
The weather is gorgeous today I will have to go outside this afternoon.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:00 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm very happy with those pounds gone but don't expect to lose that much each month. It would be nice but it doesn't work that way I know. mateoh had a great idea, report on total weight lost in our group beside the most lost by an individual. As far as I'm concerned, we are all winners weather we lose, stay the same, or gain a bit, just as long as we keep trying. Marie
Old 06-08-2014, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
I have FQ from the following people right now. Cindy A,Susanna 10, mateoh, Teddybear Lady,lauriejo, meanmom, Pam H, and Purl. I also have a FQ form Martha T in Pittsburg, KS not sure of the screen name. If this info isn't correct please let me know.
Pat
Pat-
you should have my fat quarter - I sent it in with the May one.
Friday was GNO--pizza and ice cream sundaes accompanied a game of Mexican Train. Well, I lost at the game, and I know I did not lose at the weight challenge. Luckily, we only do this once a month ( this month twice as our friend from Germany will be in)

Last edited by Pete; 06-08-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:04 AM

Sorry Pete I do have your FQ. I just missed your name when I was typing the list. I am getting bored with the knee rehab.I am just ready to get back to normal. I went to the mall yesterday, just a quick trip then the grocery store. I only got a few things at the grocery. My knee was done by the time I got home. I spent a lot of time with ice on it. I continues to get better every day so it is making progress.
I made shish-ka-bobs for dinner last night they were so good. It is a good way to sneak in more veggies. I think I am going to try to stay off of my leg today to rest it. Everyone have a good day.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:36 AM

Umm, shish-ka-bobs sounds good, meanmom. I'm about to make my grocery list for the week. It's going to be a long week as we head into the home stretch with students so I think I'll do fresh veggies tonight but bring in some frozen veggies to get through the week without having to prepare too much. This is the first year I've ever had the kiddos make Father's Day gifts, but since we are going so late this year. . .

We had my nephew's high school graduation yesterday and it was SO hot out, the sweat was just rolling down our faces and backs (gross, I know, sorry). It wiped me out for the rest of the day. The temp really didn't get that high, but something about the way we were sitting facing the sun and packed in like sardines just made it miserable. So many of the older folks had to leave early. The security people were so kind to them making sure they were ok (I know, because one of the people that had to leave early was my mother).

I didn't go to yoga this week and boy is my back feeling it. The drive is so far and the class isn't until 7:30 pm, I had talked myself out of it by the time I was supposed to leave the house. I was SO tired I couldn't imagine staying out that late and having to drive home. I've been trying to do it on my own so my back won't go out on me. I did some this morning when I woke up but I've been sitting at the computer working for a while. After I make my grocery list I should do some more yoga to keep myself stretched out.

Here's to good choices today.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:03 AM

I have a challenging few days. Last night we celebrated our anniversary. It will be 35 years tomorrow. Went to the nicest restaurant in town. Very small town. Very few options. Today we had a potluck after church for the minister leaving. Monday thru wed I will be at a quilt retreat. I just might not be going to WW on wed am to weigh in. The next week will be less challenging.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 AM

Pat- did you get some ideas for limited carb breakfasts? Have you googled Paleo breakfasts? I was really stalled until I read your post and thought I would give low carbs a try. The pounds are dropping since I started Saturday. It's an easy diet for me and I think I can stick with it. Other parts of the world consider breakfast just another meal without assigning a different set of food to it. Why can't it be a bowl of soup or salad, or bulgur wheat or leftovers from a tasty evening meal?? And I have been eating an orange instead of drinking juice. Boy does that fill a person up! With a hard boiled egg, I'm good to go until lunch.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:15 PM

I met with my nutritionist today and i think my problems with what to eat for breakfast is what I have been eating isn't on my list. I have been lazy for months and have been eating a smoothie. The one I have been using is a mix, very simple, very filling not bad tasting. It keeps me full until lunch, just not on this plan. School is out in a few days and I will have some time to think up better things. I do really like some of the paleo recipes. I guess I will actually have to make something for breakfast now.
The last few days of school will be really challenging. The class has a pizza party tomorrow we won a contest. Wednesday is someones birthday so we will be ordering from a restaurant, Thursday our class has another pizza party and Friday is the all school cookout. I just might win the most pounds gained this month. I am also supposed to meet a friend tomorrow for drinks and appetizers then go to quilt guild meeting.
I received a FQ from Marie today.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:26 PM

I've been under a lot of stress the last few days. The storm we had last Thursday was called a "land hurricane". It took out trees and power lines all over town. Our neighbors tree fell and hit the corner of our house taking the roof with it. Other limbs poked holes in the front roof. We are now waiting on a tree removal service and the insurance adjustor comes next week.

I did finally go back to my weigh in today. I was up, but I have a better attitude now and I know I can do this.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:37 PM

Oh Teddybear lady glad to know you are OK. yes that is so stressful. He had a land hurricane a few years ago. We were without power for a week. SOme here were out longer. There were hardly any gas stations open. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.
2 more days of school! I am so ready to be out. We are taking apart the classroom. Hopefully we will finish so we can get out of there on Friday.