Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
White Rotary Treadle in Parlor Cabinet >

White Rotary Treadle in Parlor Cabinet

White Rotary Treadle in Parlor Cabinet

Old 06-13-2014, 10:41 AM

Default White Rotary Treadle in Parlor Cabinet

Okay, so I just purchased a White Rotary Treadle machine that sits in a beautiful cabinet. I usually don't spend too much on my machines and paid more for this one than I would have normally. But, I have always wanted a parlor cabinet (I don't have one.....have two other treadles though). The last patent date is 1913. I can not pick it up until Monday, so I can't look at it or pet it etc... The thing is the machine looks brand new.........I can tell it is old and not a repro, but the decals are pristine and the cabinet is like new with the exception of one corner on the top. I am thinking that was caused by someones hand. It has a belt and it does go up and down. I didn't have my normal thread etc... with me to try it out. Not frozen. The thing is............now I am wondering if I just got another machine that I can't get needles for or if it takes a regular easy to get, doesn't cost an arm and leg needle. Does anyone know? By the way, I have NO idea where I am going to put it. My 18 yo daughter was with me and told me that she wants that machine someday and she will buy it off of me. Of course, she is going away to college this fall to major in pre-med.......so who knows when she will ever have money. She is also the one that has cabbaged onto my white featherweight.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:12 AM

Sounds like you have a White Family Rotary. I've never owned one but have only heard good things about them. They use the common 15x1 needle and bobbins are still available new or used. Love to see some pics once you pick up as it sounds like a real beauty. Enjoy

Jon
Old 06-13-2014, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
Sounds like you have a White Family Rotary. I've never owned one but have only heard good things about them. They use the common 15x1 needle and bobbins are still available new or used. Love to see some pics once you pick up as it sounds like a real beauty. Enjoy

Jon
Thanks, Can't wait to get it home to play with it. Need to figure out where I am going to put it. I found a machine online that looks just like it. Interestingly, the decals on it are also in great shape. Don't know if I can figure out how to get them on here or not.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:48 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]479012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]479013[/ATTACH]
This is what it looks like, but this isn't the one I bought.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	White Rotary Parlour Cabinet (1).jpg
Views:	1731
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	479012   Click image for larger version

Name:	White Rotary Sewing Machine.jpg
Views:	1019
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	479013  
Old 06-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Banned

My DD is selling that exact same machine and cabinet right now... (in 80% of that condition)

It has been a great machine, but she fell in love with the Singer handcrank and does not have room.

Your's looks AWESOME!!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:57 PM

Oh, I'm wanting a hand crank too.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Banned

Yeah, I have not had a person yet who tried to use the hand crank machines who didn't want to make that their primary method (for day to day sewing, not necessarily for big projects). It is JUST so much more control than motor driven machines.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:51 PM

Wow! That's a beautiful machine. It appears that most of the decals are intact! And, the cabinet is exquisite!

Jeanette
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 AM

Default White machine

Originally Posted by Prim Quilts View Post
Okay, so I just purchased a White Rotary Treadle machine that sits in a beautiful cabinet. I usually don't spend too much on my machines and paid more for this one than I would have normally. But, I have always wanted a parlor cabinet (I don't have one.....have two other treadles though). The last patent date is 1913. I can not pick it up until Monday, so I can't look at it or pet it etc... The thing is the machine looks brand new.........I can tell it is old and not a repro, but the decals are pristine and the cabinet is like new with the exception of one corner on the top. I am thinking that was caused by someones hand. It has a belt and it does go up and down. I didn't have my normal thread etc... with me to try it out. Not frozen. The thing is............now I am wondering if I just got another machine that I can't get needles for or if it takes a regular easy to get, doesn't cost an arm and leg needle. Does anyone know? By the way, I have NO idea where I am going to put it. My 18 yo daughter was with me and told me that she wants that machine someday and she will buy it off of me. Of course, she is going away to college this fall to major in pre-med.......so who knows when she will ever have money. She is also the one that has cabbaged onto my white featherweight.
You will love this machine. I love mine and I just use regular needles
Old 06-15-2014, 05:51 AM

I sold my hand crank, just could not imagine turning that wheel and trying to sew too.