Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna #1+ purchase at estate sale >

Husqvarna #1+ purchase at estate sale

Husqvarna #1+ purchase at estate sale

Old 06-16-2014, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by 1screech View Post
I do have the software and have not loaded it. Can you just put an embroidery on the card, put it in the machine and embroidery from there?
I have this machine with only the embroidery cards - I didn't purchase the software. The embroidery cards work independently - don't need the software to run the cards - or at least that is how it is on my machine. Put in a card and select a design and see if it works. I love my machine - bought it new back in 1998 and have put lots of miles on it. I was told by a dealer to never trade it in. Great workhorse machine.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:15 AM

I have had this machine for over 20 years and it works great! I haven't had any trouble with it and I now own two embroidery units for it. You will love this machine for it's stitch quality and ease of use. I would never get rid of mine even though I own a Lily 535, and older mechanical 330 and a new Sapphire 960Q. You got a great bargain! Good for you!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:28 AM

I am so glad to see this posting today. I recently sold my HV Designer I with all (and I repeat, all) the stuff that came with it for $750, and the lady is so pleased 'til she is dancing all over Macon County. And I, too, and dancing all over Macon County because she didn't give me a hard time about what I was asking for it. I hate selling anything.

When I first bought this machine, used, I asked a few questions about it, and several of you PMed me trying to help, but I am such a dunce with the HV that I just gave up. I got it to sew a beautiful straight stitch, and with the help of a local friend, made a couple of pretty embroidered pieces, but with all the frustration of not being able to mess with it by myself, I just let it set and three or four years have gone by; so I just decided to go ahead and let someone else have it who might be able to use it.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like you got a good deal to me, however, I am not familiar with this brand of sewing machine; but do know people who own them and they really like them.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:53 AM

The 1+ uses the HUS format for embroidery. You can buy an Amazing Box at Amazon.com that will write the HUS format, and a lot of the design websites still produce & sell HUS designs (emblibrary, for one). I have done it quite recently, and it worked fine.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:31 PM

I have one!! U got it at a great price. There's one on eBay (if anyone interested) going at 150 but there's only a few hours left! I loved it...but embarrassed to say I haven't used it in 12 yrs or so. Things got in the way and it was put aside. I've only been sewing last two years. Those cards are really nice so hang on as u can't find those anymore hardly other than on eBay. Read book or watch video to get the most out of it .
Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 PM

Great machine...and you got a steal!
Old 06-16-2014, 01:41 PM

When I bought my Rose I lusted after the 1+ but whoever heard of anyone paying that much for a machine - lol. I have paid many times that amount. I, finally bought one used and it was a gem - you did get a buy!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the encouragement. I really was hoping to get the embroidery unit working. I have not given up yet. My husband keeps saying not a good deal if embroidery does not work...but your comments have helped convince him otherwise. To load a design to the card, do you have to have the dongle? I have software that will convert the designs to hus. Have G- kids today so I have not been working with it. Mi did load the software and it is 5 version and the reader is the 4d reader writer and it was purchased in 2009 I think.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:40 PM

I don't know much about these machines other than I was given a Designer 1 and have used it a lot for embroidery. I was wondering, what would be the difference between these two machines...mine does look different from the one pictured. I think the Sweden made machines are very good... mine needs to be serviced but do not have a good Viking dealer/service person here.