Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition! >

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition!

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition!

Old 07-04-2014, 09:16 AM

OOOOHHHH.......LOVE these weekends....Why is it that when Raggiemom calls one i feel totally guilt free about sewing/quilting all weekend. DD had SIL and 4 DGD are away visiting their other grandparents, so nothing planned for company today - just Hubby and me. My special pork spare ribs are already in the oven - no need to worry about them til this evening. I am sandwiching a queen size quilt then hoping to get quilting on it later today.

RAGGIEMOM....what gift projects are you working on please. This is an all-sewn Christmas gifts year for me..... and i am desperate for some new ideas.

Loving the photos already posted.....
Old 07-04-2014, 09:19 AM

I cleaned off one of my cutting areas so now I have room to actually cut without squishing other projects together!

I finished the binding on a quilt that will go to Sadie's Dream for a Cure. I couldn't get my ends to match right on my beginning/ending so I just did a straight seam instead of a diagonal. Then I made sure I bookmarked MSQC's tutorial for the next time. I usually do the pillowcase turn and sometimes I bring the back to the front so I usually struggle with some part of a binding.

The mitered corners didn't go well this time and then I realized that I didn't catch the binding in one spot when I sewed it to the back. So out came the ripper. . But I did a good job of machine stitching the front down and keeping it on the binding in the back.

Time for lunch and then I will work on my French Braid row.

Connie
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	481518  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:20 AM

I hope to join in too. We are not grilling out until Saturday. This gives me time to do my housework today since I am off work. This should not take too long. Then it is off to quilt a baby quilt that was requested. I am also having fun making some mini braid wall hangings.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Banned

I finally have both machines back home from the "hospital" and fully functional again.

Need to clean off my table so I can get one machine set to embroider and the other to
sew with.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:22 AM

Well, it's break time for me. I'm going to watch The Bold and the Beautiful while I exercise then apparently I'm going to hold the ladder for my husband while he does some caulking around the upstairs window. I have had a productive morning though. I finished 5 grocery sack sleeves, 4 tissue holders, and 3 car caddies. See you a little later!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20140704_131708.JPG
Views:	830
Size:	275.1 KB
ID:	481522   Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20140704_131748.JPG
Views:	826
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	481524  
Old 07-04-2014, 09:41 AM

I am joining in the fun. It is cool, windy and cloudy here in north central Minnesota. I am sewing on binding ton3 quilts and making 3 fleece throws for the little girls to use on the boat tonight while we watch fireworks. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the wind dies down by 10 tonight. The fleece is from Frozen. Total surprise for them.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:09 AM

Love those placemats, are you following a pattern or did you design it yourself?

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
My church group is making placemats for Christmas to go to people on the Meals on Wheels program. I have made these so far from Robert Kaufman new line called Holiday Flourish 7......
Old 07-04-2014, 10:12 AM

I'm making a variety of things. So far I have the car caddies, tissue holders, and grocery sack sleeves done. I'm going to start bolster pillows soon and some charm pack scarves. I will post a picture of the various things as I work on them and if anyone is interested in the pattern, just ask. Some are from purchased patterns and some are downloaded from internet. I'm more than happy to share.

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
OOOOHHHH.......LOVE these weekends....Why is it that when Raggiemom calls one i feel totally guilt free about sewing/quilting all weekend. DD had SIL and 4 DGD are away visiting their other grandparents, so nothing planned for company today - just Hubby and me. My special pork spare ribs are already in the oven - no need to worry about them til this evening. I am sandwiching a queen size quilt then hoping to get quilting on it later today.

RAGGIEMOM....what gift projects are you working on please. This is an all-sewn Christmas gifts year for me..... and i am desperate for some new ideas.

Loving the photos already posted.....
Old 07-04-2014, 10:13 AM

Where did you find the Frozen fleece? I have a 5 year old niece who LOVES that movie and that would make an excellent present for her.
Originally Posted by Island Queen View Post
I am joining in the fun. It is cool, windy and cloudy here in north central Minnesota. I am sewing on binding ton3 quilts and making 3 fleece throws for the little girls to use on the boat tonight while we watch fireworks. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the wind dies down by 10 tonight. The fleece is from Frozen. Total surprise for them.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:30 AM

I will be cutting out batiks for a class on Celtic Illusions for next week. I will be piecing a single backing for a Christmas quilt.