Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition! >

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition!

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend, Fourth of July Edition!

Old 07-04-2014, 02:53 PM

Well, I'm done for the night! I have a couple boudoir bolster pillows all ready, they just need to be stuffed. I finished a Christmas ornament (although it looks a little lopsided!), a kitchen towel, and have a table topper top ready. In the morning, I will run to Walmart and Joann's to pick up a couple things. Definitely stuffing so I can finish the pillows!

I have really enjoyed seeing all the pictures and reading what everyone is up. I wish I had enough time to respond to every comment but then I wouldn't get anything done
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	july pics 005.JPG
Views:	634
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	481564   Click image for larger version

Name:	july pics 006.JPG
Views:	635
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	481565   Click image for larger version

Name:	july pics 007.JPG
Views:	643
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	481566  
Old 07-04-2014, 04:16 PM

Finally got down to my long arm for a few mintues. Half-way done the borders & sashing on this quilt. I got a bit sidetracked this morning with a trip to the quilt shop and lunch with a friend - didn't get home until after 4. So not much progress, although I still might venture up into my sewing room later this evening.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:28 PM

I am working on a couple of charity quilts. The charity is for the justice center that helps abused children. They said they needed quilts for teenagers rather than babies, so am trying to do some that will work for this age group. This peace sign fabric and bright colors seemed to be appropriate. A simple D9P pattern.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]481570[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110230.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	481570  
Old 07-04-2014, 04:41 PM

It's a good weekend, so far, for sewing. I'm working on a disappearing hourglass quilt, king size, for my sister. Watched Jenny's tute and was thrilled with it. Still am but now, I'm starching the heck out of the fabric because of all the bias edges. And I'm doing it on my new Viking Sapphire 960Q. This is the first project for the machine. So far, so good.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:03 PM

I am nearly finished with a 4th of July quilt panel. This panel is heavily embellished with metallic sliver,...not silver.. threads, red, blue and silver, yes I meant silver this time...LOL It was a lot of fun tempered with a bit of frustration with the metallic threads... but I love the results. Unfortunately, the metallics don't show much in photos but they should sparkle when I add the lights that came with the kit. Just stumped on the double fold binding right now, posted for some help. May not be ready until tomorrow but I am having my family here for a BBQ tomorrow so it should be ok.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:25 PM

I purchased the Frozen fleece this morning at Joann's. They told me that they had the fleece tie kits as well but I never saw them.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:14 PM

Well, my original idea of working on a tote didn't happen. But I managed to get 11 or 12 blocks done from the Tula Pink modern blocks book, Rectangles section. There are a couple more I want to finish from the Rectangles section, then get them on the design wall and decide what to do with them.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
How did you like the Thangles?
Well tonight I pressed them, still need to remove the papers... I like them but next time I will do a couple of things differently. My pattern said cut WOF strips, so I pinned the Thangles papers end to end and sewed.
Next time I will cut blocks of fabric large enough for 3 Thangles strips side by side and use a glue stick to hold them in place. I had some shifting with the long strips of fabric and may have to remake a few HSTs.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:29 PM

It was a gorgeous day in Kentuckiana but I didn't get any quilting done. Spent all day with my youngest son and his kids celebrating graduations. However, tomorrow is another day. Need to get my QRcode quilt ready to quilt so it will be ready to go to college with one of those graduates. Still hoping it will be readable when I am done.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:31 PM

I love this fabric and always wondered what to do with it. This is great and should be very appropriate.
Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I am working on a couple of charity quilts. The charity is for the justice center that helps abused children. They said they needed quilts for teenagers rather than babies, so am trying to do some that will work for this age group. This peace sign fabric and bright colors seemed to be appropriate. A simple D9P pattern.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]481570[/ATTACH]