June weight loss

Old 07-01-2014, 07:36 PM

Irishrose, are you hinting that those batiks have inspired you to stay on the downward side of your scale? I'm hoping my scale will only show losses in July ..... so maybe I'll have to borrow your design wall .... LOL
Old 07-02-2014, 05:00 AM

Lovely wedding party, irishrose. Also love the green ties on the groom and best man, nice touch.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:33 AM

The funny thing is I was there and didn't notice the green ties until I saw this picture in this size. The groom is very interested in his Irish heritage and has been to Ireland twice, plus it was St Patrick's Day week. I think all the ties were green - just not as bright as my two GSs'. The best man's light red hair stuck out a bit - gee, I wonder where he gets it from. That one is in medical school. The groom is into humanitarian issues and will have a degree in that area when his health allows. Extremely diabetic - a virus attacked his pancreas after he had the flu when he was a teen.

Mary, I hope this quilt will be done before the winner for July is announced and I seriously doubt I will be a contender having lost quite a bit (for me) in June, but the word 'batik' still makes me sign up. Did I say I have an obsession? I have changed my mind on how I'm choosing the colors to go together in the 1/4 circle blocks. Instead of being hung up on light/dark, I think I will just look for contrast so I can use a red/black, etc. I don't think I want it 50% light. Aren't design walls wonderful?

Prayers for all our holiday travelers. My son will be on the road today and a little tomorrow - 13 1/2 hours from his jobsite to home. And I have an hour's drive (in good traffic) into a tourist area to go to the doctor tomorrow. The Traverse City Cherry festival starts this weekend so the traffic will be terrible. My friend who is driving my car isn't concerned - he is a very calm person - just what I need, so we'll be fine.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier. I guess it's time to start posting in July. See you there.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:23 AM

A couple of days late ........ the winner is Purl with a loss of 9.4 pounds. Congratulations. That is awesome. There were a lot of losses in June. Everyone keep up the good work. I will mail the FQ out tomorrow or Tuesday. Purl will be receiving 13 FQ. I can't wait to see what you make with them.
We got home at 11:00 last night. I was going to figure out the winner while I watched the news. I fell asleep with my computer on my lap.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:40 AM

Congratulations, Purl!! That is an awesome loss!!
Old 07-07-2014, 07:01 AM

Congrats Purl, isn't it great to walk around without that 9.4 lbs.? Keep up the good work!
Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 PM

Congratulations Purl! So proud for you. It's so exciting to receive that package in the mail with all those lovely fat quarters. I need to get my motivation back and get with it!