Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Someone stop me!!!! >

Someone stop me!!!!

Someone stop me!!!!

Old 07-31-2014, 03:34 PM

I'm in the same boat as you, welcome aboard!!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 05:13 AM

The only help I will offer is to have you ship it to me...it's lovely!

If it makes you feel any better. I have made a rule this year for my sewing room no more fabrics added until my stash gets smaller and some UFOs get done. But Wed. I was in Hobby Lobby (should fab addicts even go there?) and I only bought yardage for projects I'm making for a sewing class I will be teaching, so far so good. And I did NOT pick up any cute fat quarter bundles or jelly rolls. But, oh dear, there was the cutest monkey fabric in the remnant bin along with some really cheery orange (I don't have orange in my stash), some neutral (you always need more neutrals), oh and I'll just add this red too. Yes, I did it. My stash has grown again!

Last edited by MarthaT; 08-01-2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:08 AM

no help here, I too have an overwhelming stash, 34 quilts in progress in various stages and yet I am still saving patterns and buying fabric for future projects.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:26 AM

QuiltsRfun said it all....hee hee .........
Old 08-01-2014, 10:04 AM

Coming to Quiltboard for help like this is like asking the fox to guard the hen house. Bwhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 08-01-2014, 12:08 PM

Rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by quiltin-nannie View Post
beautiful fabric! Seriously though, since you have so much going on, i don't want you to be stressed, you had better send that fabric to my house. I would take really, really good care of it for you! (and i would hope you forgot where you sent it!)
Old 08-01-2014, 07:04 PM

Oh Yeah! That will be wonderful, Cant wait until I see where you have put the colors. I would have to add a splash of pink somewhere, that seems to be my go-to color lately
Old 08-02-2014, 04:14 AM

I have many UFO's and quilts in progress and patterns. I have finally started repeating over and over whenever I go near a fabric store "Not until you finish some of the things you have". It's actually helping! Haven't bought any new projects for a long time. But there are a lot of Quilt Shows with vendors coming up and I hear Deb Tucker's new ruler and patterns calling me already.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:21 PM

I told my husband the other night that I had to go into therapy. He looked at me so strangely. I then explained that I was addicted to buying fabric with visions of all the quilts I'm going to make. Needless to say I have 3 unfinished quilts in my sewing room.......SOMEONE STOP ME
Old 08-02-2014, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by MargeD View Post
The fabrics are beautiful and when the fabrics are "screaming" buy me, or jump into my cart, they go home with me, although I am probably strange to admit that my fabrics talk to me, and some just won't let me pass them by.
You are not strange at all - fabrics talk to me all the time, and jump into my cart as well. And if they are significantly reduced in price, it is utterly impossible to pass them by.
And for those of you who have such a small number of UFO's (someone said they have three "unfinished" quilts), you are my heroes... I have NO idea how many UFO's I have.
But I am happy to say that I finished a quilt yesterday, and delivered it to the buyer today. We were both VERY happy with the results. Now my longarm frame is empty again... but not for long, as I have a regular customer bringing a couple of quilts for me to finish for her.