Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jennifer Chiaverini Books >

Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Old 08-06-2014, 06:25 AM

I like reading all series in order. It makes sense in a follow up book when characters are mentioned. The story is better.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by mckwilter View Post
Much of the information in the first book is background of Sylvia's family, which is repeated and expanded on in subsequent books, so you really need to get it. I agree with everyone that they need to be read in order.

I began purchasing the books, but now do all my reading on my Nook, so will have to go back and repurchase the ebook editions.
I have a knook also and I download them from my library with the free overdrive app. Contact your library to see if they are a member then sign up.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by sue z q View Post
Where did Sylvia's Bridal Sampler fit in the books? I thought there was a book by that title, but I didn't see it in the list.
In the Master Quilter (I think), Sylvia is getting married. The other Elm Creek Quilters contact everyone she has ever met to gather 6" blocks for a bridal quilt. Sylvia's Bridal Sampler is a pattern book with the quilt patterns for all of the sampler blocks. It is not more of the story. It's so you can make your own version of her sampler quilt. There are other pattern books that go along with the other books in the series as well and they are fun to have to see the actual quilts they are talking about in the books.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:38 AM

I read these in order and I am happy I did...even though they can be read independently and read a good story...I like to flow along.

For anyone who wants them: I have Sonoma Rose and The Wedding Quilt I will send to anyone who will pass them on when they are done.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:18 AM

I started out of order, but found it easier to go back and read them in order.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
Thanks for the information. I will find the first one and read them in order.
Check out www.alibris.com That is where I find even quilting books for next to nothing. Prices start at .99. I am not affiliated, just impressed with them.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:49 AM

They are best read in order, but a couple of them are pretty much stand alone. Go here http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/ and type in her last name to find the list of books in order. It's my favorite site for any author who has a series that I would like to read starting from the beginning.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:53 AM

Loving this thread! Thanks for starting this. I want to read the quilting series that has been mentioned. I think I read one many years ago.

I read the entire Cedar Cove series by Debbie McComber. Yes, the book's characters become friends as we read the series. There is a Cedar Cove series on Netflix but it isn't nearly as good as the books.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:54 AM

Default J Chiaverini Books

I have read/listened to all of her books, up to the last. It is easier to follow some of the characters through the years if the books are read in order. Our library had some on tape. One can sew a lot of seams while listening. Others were large type and then regular type.

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
I have a couple of Jennifer Chiaveri books that I picked up at a used book store. They are #2 and #9 of the ones she wrote. Do I need to read #1 before #2 to be able to follow the story or are they all independant of each other? I don't want to start reading #2 and then find out that in order to follow the story I should have read #1 first. Hope this all makes sense Thanks.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:53 PM

If you belong to a guild, ask if anyone would loan you the books you need, if your library does not have them or cannot get them for you through interlibrary loan. Happy hunting.