Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I cannot believe we have one here >

I cannot believe we have one here

I cannot believe we have one here

Old 08-04-2014, 07:42 AM

you can go on the internet in their website and sign up for their weekly posts and print out a 40 % off coupon,once a day-most of their fabrics here in St Augustine are 30 % off- but they'll make it whole price on the ticket, if you ask them and get the additional 10 % off. My family calls Hobby Lobby my home away from home here. Love that store!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:44 AM

I like our Jo Anns but hate the long cutting lines. But the employees are really nice and helpful. Hobby Lobby is in Washington so we have to go over there to shop at HL. We have a Hancock Fabric here and it is nice, also Bear Paw Quilting which is really nice but really expensive.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:44 AM

I forgot to add that both our Walmarts have fabric and I have found things in there that I couldn't find elsewhere.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mouskalollie View Post
I'm shopping there because my beliefs stand with them.
I feel the same way. I guess a lot of people do because every time I go it is full of shoppers.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:42 PM

Used to go the Hobby Lobby - no more. Boycotting due to corporate policies and women's health.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I also agree. Will not do Wall Mart either. There comes a time when I have to say enough is enough and find a way around these big conglomorons. I shop locally and if I can't afford it, I don't shop.
peace
Yup, this is me, too. Except I do still buy from Amazon but lately the more I hear about THEIR policies (how they treat their warehouse workers, how they squeeze book publishers) the less I'm buying from them.

I like Joann's, there are 2 near me and they're both "pretty good", but I noticed the other weekend that they've bumped their Kona up to 8.99 a yard now (up from 7.99), and they've been having a worse and worse selection of it. BOO!! I find I am buying less and less there....the good fabrics are priced with LQS prices but have a much smaller selection than an LQS, and I'm not interested in their cheap fabric. I guess that's good news for the few LQS around here though!

Fortunately my area also has 2 Beverly's stores; their fabric is close to LQS prices but it's LQS quality, and a nice big selection. If you shop their online store, you can get free delivery to a local store, AND they will honor Joann's coupons for up to 30% off on fabric (but only one coupon per transaction, not multiples like Joann's will do). And they give discounts for quilt guild members too - most fabric & sewing shops in my area do that.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:37 AM

I don't like Hobby Lobby, don't shop at WalMart. JoAnn really varies from location to location, but I do not like their quilting fabric - quality aside, they just don't carry colors/design that I like. At some locations, apparel fabric can be OK. Have a Hancock very close to me - rarely find anything I like, but good for lots of other stuff. Pricing Kona at $8.99 is ridiculous - as you can buy it at the LQS, or any on line shop pretty much for $6 or $7. These stores mark stuff up, so they can mark it down. I can't believe they think that customers are so blind as t6o not realize that. The LQS in my area are nice, but expensive and their sales are nothing special, so I find myself shopping on line most of the time.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:19 AM

If you haven't been to a Hobby Lobby in 5 years you will be heartsick at how much it has changed, especially in the fabric and yarn departments. I couldn't wait for them to come to SoCal and now I won't go into them because of the great disappointment.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:54 PM

omacookie, I live in Harahan, LA, just outside of New Orleans. I grew up in New Orleans and moved here 57 years ago when I married. Lucy
Old 08-06-2014, 06:50 PM

to all the above posts that won't shop at Hobby Lobby, since when is it politically incorrect to tolerate others viewpoints. It never would have been an issue if those 4 sources of birth control that abort a fetus after conception weren't signaled out. Liberal amaze me with their so called tolerance of other's viewpoints.