Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I cannot believe we have one here >

I cannot believe we have one here

I cannot believe we have one here

Old 08-01-2014, 04:06 PM

Default I cannot believe we have one here

[HR][/HR][HR][/HR]We have a new "Hobby Lobby" here and it is so nice. The first dept. I went to was of course the fabrics. They have a nice assortment of fabric and accessories. I'm sure I will be shopping there quite often.

I also got a nice surprise the other day when I walked into JoAnn's. You could have knocked me over with a feather. The store had been completely renovated. Everything had been moved around, the cutting table, registers, etc. They also added two more registers. It looked completely different, like a brand new store. All I can say is its about time. Nothing has been done to it since it opened years ago. It will surely be a pleasure to shop there.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:18 PM

Competition will do that...now you have two new stores...enjoy!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:20 PM

I love out Hobby Lobby, our Joann's moved to a new store last year and I don't like it....the fabric and stuff is on high walls now so you can't see around anything, like in a grocery store, you have to go up and down aisles...I still shop there but don't like it!!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:31 PM

Luce, where do you live in Louisiana ? I am in Baton Rouge, across the street from Hancocks' on Florida.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

I"m about to lose mine. it's on 120th street now and moving to 144th and the Interstate. I may drive there and may not. maybe I'll frequent the small quilt store in town more if I can afford to.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:51 AM

I have Joanns and Hobby Lobby - I preferred the old Joann's - stuff was easier to see. like someone else said stuff is wayyy up high and hard to see and too much walking. I never thought I'd tire walking around a fabric store but other than the yarn from time to time I really dont like walking through the other stuff and mine keeps mixing stuff around from time to time. but I'll deal since the alternative is NO Joann's...but they did get rid of good managers who actually knew sewing/quilting and brought in educated master's degrees with a business focus :-( and Hobby Lobby has some bad managers too in my area but hey they have fabric. I think they used to carry more but they claim the new shelves aren't smaller but I KNOW I used to find different stuff - more cottons - than I do now.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

I just wish that even with the extra register, they would have enough employees to man the stations during their big sales. I get so tired of standing in these long lines.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:30 AM

I was just talking about this on Facebook last night. I live in an area with a population of 500,000. The ONLY fabric stores we have is Joann's, Bolts in the Bathtub (LQS) and a tiny one in one of our Walmarts (we have 4 of those!) I have to drive an hour to hour and a half to Bakersfield or Burbank to go to a Hobby Lobby. Even then there aren't very many LQS down there.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:17 AM

I love Hobby Lobby fabrics and use it often.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

I remember when Hobby Lobby's needlework section was like walking through an art gallery. Every needlepoint kit had an complete example of it framed and on display. The quilting notions and tools were of every brand. There was nothing you couldn't find there for quilting or stitching. The company now only carries a few brands of notions and did away with the stitching samplers. I always went there to see what was new. Now it's the same thing each time.