Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best quilt shops in Seattle WA area today? >

Best quilt shops in Seattle WA area today?

Best quilt shops in Seattle WA area today?

Old 08-25-2014, 09:37 AM
KR

I visited Undercover Quilts last year. They are close to Pike Place Market....a Seattle must-visit. Google for address and map. Be sure to go to the Space Needle and adjacent Chihouly Museum, too.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:48 AM

Monopas and KR, thanks! We are on our way to the shops! you have allbeen so wonderfully helpful. Gonna have sooo much fun
Old 08-25-2014, 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=Cogito;6859239]What is the row by row experience?[/QUOTE Check it out on internet, Row by Row Experience, shops across U.S. and Canada are involved, collect free patterns for a row at stores involved, can buy kits for the rows at the shops, only expense is your travel, and anything else you just HAVE to have from the shops. If you are driving cross country you cold pick up some great row patterns. Row by Row has list of shops by states you can check out.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
Happy 30th !! Try the Quilting Loft at 2622 N.W. Market in Seattle I have never been there but they are part of the Row by Row Experience, am sure they could point you to other shops within the area you are willing to travel. Happy hunting!

Yes this is a neat shop, the owner also has her own designs. There are bars and eateries close by. The Locks and fish ladder is near 32st NW and Market; not far from the Loft.

If you take the Ferry to Bainbridge Island there are a couple shops there also. The one at the far end has very modern and appliqué quilts , it is in a large home set back from the main street, I remember.
My sister has a home overlooking the Sound on 32nd NW and also one on Bainbridge. Being from Arizona the water is so calm and comforting. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Last edited by judy363905; 08-25-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:34 PM

I'll second what Peckish offered - Fabric Depot is a must in Portland. It's a good old fabric store with tons of quilting fabric and patterns plus a lot more. Last time I was there I got stuck on the Moda toweling by the yard and bought a lot for Christmas gifts!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:05 PM

South of Seattle, there is a wonderful quilt store in Orting, a lovely little town with a terrific view of Mount Rainier. The shop is Wild Rose Quilt Shop and they have a wide selection of quality quilt fabric and all the notions and patterns you could want. The people who work there are very knowledgeable and helpful. Just north of Seattle, in La Conner is a small but well-curated quilt museum. It is also worth the trip.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:11 AM

If one wants to go to Yelm, there is Gigi's, wonderful shop, I go there every time I visit parents. Or maybe it's "GeGe's, can't remember, but they do have a web site.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:22 AM

Thank you to everyone who responded to my query. Quilters are such great, sharing people! We are home now after stopping in numerous quilt shops, all wonderful! I have to say that Fabric Depot was the most mind boggling store I have ever been in. I actually was overwhelmed and know I only saw a small percentage of the store and I was there 2.5 hours! They have a great sale area. I loved the unbelievable selection of every quilt fabric imaginable. They were more expensive than all the other stores I visited, even with their "always 20% off on everything". But wow, I would be in trouble if I lived anywhere within two hours of that place! I also stopped at a store in Montana in the early days of our trip and all fabric is $7.50 a yard! It was a beautiful shop and she had many new fabrics that you would see at other stores for $9-$11. I don't know how she does it but I bought a bagful there, lol!
Thanks again!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:24 AM

Cogito, where was the fabric store in Montana? One really great store in Montana is Deer Country Quilts in Seeley Lake, Montana. http://www.deercountryquilts.com/
Old 09-08-2014, 01:43 PM

How about going to the La Conner WA quilt museum - there is a fantastic exhibit going on right now on Japanese quilters - they also sell fabrics and other quilting stuff; I'm sure you'd find it very inspiring. Their website is http://www.laconnerquilts.org/