Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Not sure if this is good enough to give >

Not sure if this is good enough to give

Not sure if this is good enough to give

Old 09-28-2014, 12:57 PM

Thank you fr the replies.

im going to unpick the wonky stitching and use the hanging sleeve to tidy up the top.

I'll add a bit more quilting, I enjoy doing it so that's ok :-)

consulting my my husband...our system is that I source gifts and then if he's not happy with my choice then HE has to source a reaplcement. We do it this way bc also he's a wonderful man he used to be ultra perfectionist when it comes to gifts. He used to ask me to source gifts and then send me back to the shops again and again bc things weren't perfect until I cracked.
Last year he did all the gifts himself not bc I was being vengeful but simply bc he truly did not understand the pressure he was putting on me. The day after Christmas he begged me to be in charge of sourcing gifts from now on and if he really disagrees with my choice he can take over for that particular gift. Things are much smoother now for both of us.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:14 PM

I agree that you should send it as a thoughtful gift. Because it came from you they will certainly love it!
Old 09-28-2014, 01:25 PM

If you were my DIL (and I have one), I would be so absolutely thrilled that you cared enough to spend time and thought on making a gift, I would only see how it was made with love and care. BTW, you really did a nice job on this! Keep quilting! You have the talent!
Old 09-28-2014, 04:10 PM

I think it is very nice and you put so much of your heart into it ,so it will be a great gift
Old 09-28-2014, 04:41 PM

I agree with all the others - it's very pretty and the in-laws will love it. I enjoyed reading the comments because I tend to be very self-critical and can rip out and redo until I finally give up. And looking at it again in a few days, it doesn't seem all that bad. It doesn't have to be perfect! You did a great job with fabrics and colors!
Old 09-28-2014, 05:49 PM

I think it is very nice. And your in laws will love it. Lighten up on yourself. We all tend to be much harder on ourselves than we should. I know I am. Keep quilting it will get better. I have learned so much from this board that I'm a much better piecer now. (Too scared to actually quilt any of them yet.) Lol. But I'm working on it.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

Did you make it from the heart? Does the color go with their decor? If answers 1 and 2 are yes then give it. Nobody but you will notice the wonkiness in 3" of stitching. They will love it.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mamacandoit View Post
Thank you fr the replies.

im going to unpick the wonky stitching and use the hanging sleeve to tidy up the top.

I'll add a bit more quilting, I enjoy doing it so that's ok :-)

consulting my my husband...our system is that I source gifts and then if he's not happy with my choice then HE has to source a reaplcement. We do it this way bc also he's a wonderful man he used to be ultra perfectionist when it comes to gifts. He used to ask me to source gifts and then send me back to the shops again and again bc things weren't perfect until I cracked.
Last year he did all the gifts himself not bc I was being vengeful but simply bc he truly did not understand the pressure he was putting on me. The day after Christmas he begged me to be in charge of sourcing gifts from now on and if he really disagrees with my choice he can take over for that particular gift. Things are much smoother now for both of us.
Good move on both your parts. I've always been in charge of the gifts, then the kids would thank Dad for the gift, he'd reply your welcome, what did I get you lol
Old 09-29-2014, 04:05 AM
Power Poster

We are the ones that look real close at our work. Once it is washed and dried many boo boos disappear. I wash and dry all my quilts as soon as they are done. When I look at them they all look very good.
Give it to them and just watch their reaction, they will love it.
As someone else said, we are our worse critic.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:42 AM

I really like it. I don't know the pattern but it is very original and creative.