Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for alphabet cutouts >

looking for alphabet cutouts

looking for alphabet cutouts

Old 11-01-2014, 06:14 AM

You can get letter patterns at any teacher store. Sometimes Wal-Mart carries them as well. I ironed my stabilizer on the back of the material, then traced the letters in reverse because when you apply them, they'll have to be facing the right direction.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

Realize you already have what you need but craftygater's idea is how I do it. Have also gone to office supply stores.
Originally Posted by craftygater View Post
When I need a font for print out or for computer I google free fonts. You will find thousands. Just look for one you like and download. Install on computer and print any size you want.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:35 AM

A teacher supply store might be a good place to look....on line if there isn't one in your area.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
I use the font 'Century Gothic' on my computer and then choose 'outline' option and 'bold'. This gives me a clear outline to draw round. When I print the name, I use the 'Mirror' function on my printer, so the name is printed in reverse all ready to draw (without holding it up to the window, lol). The font size is usually 200+ depending on how big I want it and I usually have the paper orientation in 'Landscape'. Good luck!

This one is in upper case, but you could do lower, or a mixture.
Well, you are a wonderful "computer-enabled geekette"! I got all the way to "format options" looking for the outline option and can't find that in MS Word. It's the only program I know a little about. I'm hoping that's where the font "outline" change is located. Heaven help me if you say go to PowerPoint or somewhere else! Can you give me further directions please?
Old 11-01-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by dollycaswell View Post
Well, you are a wonderful "computer-enabled geekette"! I got all the way to "format options" looking for the outline option and can't find that in MS Word. It's the only program I know a little about. I'm hoping that's where the font "outline" change is located. Heaven help me if you say go to PowerPoint or somewhere else! Can you give me further directions please?
This is what my page looks like - the 'outline' is pictured in blue 'A', to the left of the A underlined in red. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Word inf.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	497340  
Old 11-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Jim

I have gotten several sets of letters from the DOLLAR TREE....one dollar and have a cardboard collection for future use over and over
Old 11-01-2014, 10:16 AM

do you know anyone who has a brother cut and go machine? It has built in fonts in many sizes.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:07 AM

do you know of any one with a Brother Scan-N-Cut? i have just bought one and first on my list was to cut the alphabet for a I spy quilt, was delighted how easy this was done
Old 11-01-2014, 11:53 AM

Thanks alikigirl for that link. I am in the process of making a santa sack and needed letters for my granddaughter's name.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:08 PM

Go to Bobby Socks Quilt Co. They have a lot of embroidery stuff but if you enter applique in search bar I believe you will find what you are looking for. Hope this helps.