Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Martinelli rulers >

Martinelli rulers

Martinelli rulers

Old 11-19-2014, 11:49 AM

Default Martinelli rulers

I have the Martinelli mat and I absolutely love it! I started looking at their on-line instruction videos for using their rulers and templates. Before I buy any, I'd love to hear from some of you who own & use them. What do you think of them? Thanks so much.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:12 PM

Do you mean Martelli? I am thinking about splurging on the big mat but it's 1" too long for my cutting table. I was curious about the rulers too but the strip ones are black and seeing through the ruler seems important...
Old 11-19-2014, 12:20 PM

Martelli mats are advertised as having markings accurate enough cut cut by (as opposed to many (most) others.) I have drooled over them for years. Really considering this year, but would have to use my ironing table and cant decide if I want to give that up.

If you seriously consider the Martelli, be sure to sign up for Redline Direct. They are having 50% off sale in next few days.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:26 PM

Yes, I rec'd the notice of their upcoming 50% off sale. That's the only reason I'm considering buying something. Otherwise, I just would not do it.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:35 PM

After watching their videos, I'm thinking maybe it's not so important to be able to see thru the ruler, except of course if you're fussy cutting and they have templates that are actually perfect for that. I don't do the fussy cutting anymore.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:48 PM

I have to tell you that my mom just got the martelli cutting table and it came with all the rulers and squares.... so far we love it. The only bad thing with the rulers is that once they are on the fabric they aren't moving. So you have to line up when you place the ruler down to cut. it takes a little getting used to that but it doesn't move so you aren't worried about slipping. The table although not cheap is great because we can raise it to my height for me and then lower it a few inches for my mom... I use it mostly when i'm down working on the long arm anyways but there have been a couple times that I have used the table to square up an end before i throw it on the frame.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:36 PM

Ripped on Scotch......the part about the rulers "not moving" once they're on the fabric is exactly the feature that I'm excited about, so this is good to hear. I just hate it when my rulers move--- even if just a fraction. I'm hoping that if I get one or more of their rulers it will enable me to be much more accurate with my cutting. I considered the studio cutter, but it's so big (have to find a place for it) and each of the dies are soooo expensive.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:53 AM

I ended up getting the large cutting mat, a non slip thing for my pedal, and a couple of each of the blades. I don't go through blades that fast and I'm hoping using their mat will make them last even longer. The shipping was killer! Over $25 but then again I guess I need to figure in what I saved, right? Right? LOL
Old 11-25-2014, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by shesews View Post
Ripped on Scotch......the part about the rulers "not moving" once they're on the fabric is exactly the feature that I'm excited about, so this is good to hear. I just hate it when my rulers move--- even if just a fraction. I'm hoping that if I get one or more of their rulers it will enable me to be much more accurate with my cutting. I considered the studio cutter, but it's so big (have to find a place for it) and each of the dies are soooo expensive.
You can buy Grip Strips from http://guidelines4quilting.com/ they are great
Old 11-25-2014, 11:21 AM

we got a really good deal. Mom bought the table and all the rulers and templates were included with it. normally you get them at a discount but they were doing a show special that day.