Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
MSQC/Martinelli mat? >

MSQC/Martinelli mat?

MSQC/Martinelli mat?

Old 01-27-2017, 06:19 AM

Default MSQC/Martinelli mat?

Just watched the new tute, "kindred pinwheels" and Jenny was using a rotating mat by Martinelli. It looked sturdy. I have all the sizes from whomever makes those square rotating ones, and really am not always happy with their performance....So, I thought I'd look into this. Well, did a search, and Walmart carried, but has to be ordered and delivered to store/home for $27.11. At Martinelli website price is $49.99 +s&h.....I think I know where I'm going to order one from! BTW! Anyone here have, do you like?
Old 01-27-2017, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

here's a link to the Martelli mat at WM: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Turn-Table-Mat-16/24631134
I have the square yellow one and do not like it at all. please let us know how you like the Martelli one
Old 01-27-2017, 08:02 AM

Read the description at Walmart carefully. The price for the mat does not include the turntable base, the base is an additional cost of $28.00, so the cost is about the same.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:04 AM

Have the fiskar and the olfa, and both have a tendency to " undo" themselves..like that dig-out isn't deep enough to keep them locked together. I have a really old gray , round on a ball bearing base, but it sort of dips in the center...

I did order the Martinelli from Walmart site, should be delivered to my local store by Feb 1, no shipping charge...can't beat that. Let's hope I don't get an email stating not available...has happened before......
Old 01-27-2017, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
Read the description at Walmart carefully. The price for the mat does not include the turntable base, the base is an additional cost of $28.00, so the cost is about the same.
Well that's a sneaky little trick...thanks for pointing it out!
Old 01-27-2017, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
Thank You. I was excited until i read this. Guess i will keep using my yellow one.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

I like my mat but just need to be sure there's no lint to negate the turning. I also use it on a solid flat non-fabric surface.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:12 AM

Check out "Matilda's Own"....it's a round cutting turntable also. I bought mine through Walmart a few months ago and had it shipped to me. I love this one as it turns freely and has the self healing mat. Great to use on a small folding table by my machine.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:57 AM

Please let us know how it works as many of us want something that works. I wonder how hard it is to design a good one.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:00 AM

I have the Martelli turn table and LOVE it. Tried the green square ones, those were complete duds. Martelli does a red line sale every month where one item from their catalog will be deeply discounted; that is where I got mine. A couple of times a year, the sale is good for anything in their catalog. Their mats are fantastic. Pricey, but so much nicer than the Olfas. It's hard to describe, they feel almost padded when cutting. They can be bent, don't break in the cold (DH dropped a large green one that had been in the car and it cracked) and can be ironed on. I've tried it - it's true.