Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Joann's 10% Military Discount is Now Available Every Day >

Joann's 10% Military Discount is Now Available Every Day

Joann's 10% Military Discount is Now Available Every Day

Old 01-09-2015, 01:32 PM

Yes, I have a VA card. They didn't even want to see it - just told me it was only for the one weekend. Guess that clerk didn't know what they were talking about.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing this with us. Our veterans have risk their life to keep our country free and they have earned it!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the info about Joann's and Michael's. I never knew that. As for Lowe's - my hubby doesn't even have to show his card anymore. It's in the system. He does have to show it at Home Depot. I think, Vivoaks, you should check again at that store. My hubby gets the discount all year. I think someone gave you incorrect info
Old 01-09-2015, 05:07 PM

The military discount at Joann Fabrics can be used by dependents, too. My husband is a retired veteran and I can use my military id card at Lowes, Home Depot and Joann Fabrics. Glad to see that Joann Fabrics is finally recognizing veterans and their dependents all the time!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:30 PM

I am a surviving spouse of a retired deceased service member and have never had a problem getting a discount.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:26 AM

Thanks for the Joann's info. I had no idea that it was available. We use the Lowe's discount frequently and do show our ID, as it seems there were some folks here that were taking advantage. I don't mind showing my ID card...my husband earned it through his service, and I feel that I helped him by 'taking care of business' when he was actively serving. It is a nice way to be remembered and helps us in a tangible way. Thank God for the USA and the military who protect us. (OK, off the soapbox now.)
Old 01-10-2015, 08:07 AM

The Jo-Ann's all the time discount is new. They just started it. That's OK, I always drag him with me LOL!
Old 01-15-2015, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
did you have an official card from the VA or current in-service card? They do always give vets 10% off on Memorial day, without much fuss but for every day you do have to have the id card.
this is Lowes faq, Home Depots is essentially the same

Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to support the men and women who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services1 and to honor Retired Veterans and VA Recipients.2 This 10% discount is also extended to the immediate family3 of those who are currently serving, Retired Veterans, or VA Recipients.
To qualify for the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must:
Be currently serving in, or retired from, a qualifying branch of the Armed Services, or be the immediate family member of someone who is and have a valid military ID Card.
Or:
Be a veteran who receives VA benefits and have a valid Veteran Identification Card (VIC).
We honor all Veterans on three specific holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. During these three holiday weekends, we extend the discount to all veterans who served honorably and who present a valid Form DD214 or other proof of service. The Lowe’s Military Discount is extended to the Veteran community on these three holidays only.
The Military Discount must be used on personal purchases only and cannot be used for Lowes.com purchases, previous sales, or the purchase of gift cards or services including product installations. It cannot be combined with the Lowe’s Price Guarantee, or promotions such as "Spend and Get," "New Mover," "Project Starter," "Your Choice," or discounts such as Quote Support Program (QSP) quotes.
1 Armed Services — US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, or the National Guard and who are in active, reserve, or retired status.
2 Retired Veterans and VA Recipients — Veterans who have retired after 20 years of service and/or those who receive VA Benefits
3 Immediate Family — Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old.)
My husband served but does not get any VA benefits...this makes it tricky to take advantage of military discounts. Sometimes they would accept his paperwork (annoying) though.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:51 AM

Slbram17 do you have an ID card? My husband is retired Navy so we both have one, but you might be able to get one or else just show your DD214. The problem I find with Joann is that each store seems to have their own policy about some things. One of the managers did tell me that Joann's changes things often and they don't always know what is going on.