Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am ssssooooo mad >

I am ssssooooo mad

I am ssssooooo mad

Old 01-06-2010, 03:43 PM

I agree that the person in customer service was wrong but at least she was polite. A human error I can except...flat out rudeness by people in the service industry has become so commonplace that it is accepted as standard. I work in one of the most difficult service areas and I know I would not have a job had I treated someone the way I was treated. I would have had no problem with the fabrics person explaining to me that she could not do anything to help in a polite manner...or possibly offering to call a manager...anything that provided some sense of helpfulness...however she was rude and unhelpful and I do not think this is acceptable.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:44 PM

i also think this clerk was rude, but i will tell you that we, the 'team members' at Joann's are confined in what we can do for a customer by the trickle down c**p that we get from corporate, the area manager and district manager who i sometimes wonder if they have ever been in a store or bought fabric or even sewed anything.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:54 PM

OH I agree that there is so much limitations...and like I said the money wasnt even the issue. I am just getting tired of the poor customer service everywhere...it seems to be becoming the standard. And I work hard for my money as does everyone else....I feel we all deserve at the very least polite service.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
You would think with the job situation as it is people would be trying harder to do a good job. Guess not though.
Why? - with the extensions of unemployment benefits there are SOME people who don't care if they work or not. Sad.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Shelley
Originally Posted by littlehud
You would think with the job situation as it is people would be trying harder to do a good job. Guess not though.
Why? - with the extensions of unemployment benefits there are SOME people who don't care if they work or not. Sad.
Sadly this is too true.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by KBunn
I know I should be thankful that our Walmart still offers fabric when so many don't...but the customer service there has always been lacking. I had purchased some flannel there to make a throw for a friend's daughter for her to keep in Daddy's truck. I washed and dried the fabric to get it ready to iron and cut. The printed flannel held up very nicely to the washer and dryer but the solid completely fell apart. I was so upset because I had wanted to get started on the blanket. I took it in to Walmart today on my lunch and was told by the girl cutting fabric that there was not only nothing she could do about it...even though I had my reciept....she also informed me that if I did not want things like that to happen I shouldn't buy "cheap fabric" and she walked away!! What a way to sell your product!!

Just had to vent for a minute!
Walmart is loosing it in the customer service depart. 2 weeks before Christmas I needed some more material for the PJs I was making for Christmas presents. Now this is the first time this has happened at this Peticular store. I pick out what I wanted,no one there to cut. I looked around cause the person may have been putting up stock,or Bathroom you know. Well I waited about 20 min. nobody. Then I went to the department next to it and told them I needed service, I was told they would announce it. OK they did, I waited another 10 min. Girl working there came by. I told her my story. She said she would announce it. She did. I waited another 15 mn. Total 45 mn. But bolts on table and left. As I was going saw 3 ladies getting bolts for material, told them my story, They left. Now as I was leaving this gentleman was walking my way. I said I hope you are going to the material,as I had seen him there 2 days before and he had cut some for me, He said yes did I need some cut. I kept my cool and told him do you know I have been waiting for 45 min. for someone? Ans. You couldn't have I have only been away from my station for 10 min. I said 45, we exchanged this one more time. He said you should have had them page me. I said sir I did twice,well Ididn't hear it. I said you need to tell the electronics depart. next to you that their system is out. He cut my material as I turned to go He said Mame I was gone only 10 min. I turned back and said no sir 45 min. and left. My DD and her son was with me shopping, as I was leaving and saw him they were looking at some shirts and told me he had been there for the whole time they were looking. which was most of the time I was waiting. He had been talking to a group of ladies. GRRRR!!!
BillsBonBon
Old 01-07-2010, 07:11 AM

I do understand your negative reaction to the clerk. She certainly should not have been rude to you or anyone.

I remember once when I didn't stop at a "STOP HERE ON RED" sign just before a crosswalk and the oncoming, turning onto this street, bus driver cursed me and motioned nasty things with his hands at me.
What he didn't know was I had just been given news that I possibly had cancer and yes, even though I was in the wrong, I didn't need the anger he showed.

We tend to forget that people may be having a bad day and I have found that if I approach them and ask "Is something wrong? I know you would never have spoken that way if everything was okay."(in a caring tone, not a nasty one!) It sometimes brings out a better side of them. It sometimes brings out an apology. And if they still act huffy, puffy and downright nasty, THEN I complain to the management. Let's at least give someone the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 AM
wv

I am lucky that there are two WalMart stores within 15 miles of me that still sell fabric. They are manned by extras from any department so if you have a question don't think you'll get a good answer.

I walked into my local Hancock store the other day just in time to hear the clerk at the register tell a customer, "I don't know how to ring up your $50 gift card so you'll just have to pay for your fabric now and use it at another time." I was shock and felt sorry for the customer. I spoke up and suggested the clerk call someone who could ring up a sale with a gift card because payment refused is payment made. She called a manager at home who walked her through it. It is so unfortunate that the bottom line comes before customer service.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Does it seem that customer service has gone south here lately? If its not Wally world its JoAnns or its Hancock Fabrics. Whats with these people?

Billy
Customer service is now an oxymoron like Military intelligence! :D
Old 01-07-2010, 08:24 AM

Customer service has gone the way of the dodo-bird, and I'm sure poor Sam Walton is rolling in his grave over what's happened to Walmart. Our local store had what they euphemistically call a "re-do", which meant the loss of fabrics along with a lot of other items in return for a limited inventory with shorter shelves. The people who work there are not happy, and pass on their "joy". The "old-timers" are now being managed by young supervision sorely in need of management skills. The kids who work there really don't give a rat's a-- about anything other than texting on their phones. Our particular Walmart serves a "depressed" area and has to contend with an alarming number of employee thefts. They are so desperate for employees now that the experienced ones got fed up and left, that they will hire just about any warm being 18 years of age and breathing. They come with the attitude that minimum wage is far beneath their dignity and that they don't need to put forth any effort for what they earn. Those few that do care about things like responsibility and respect aren't rewarded or recognized enough, so why bother when the guy next to them just shows up (when he feels like it) and gets the same pay and recognition. I HATE WALMART!!! And now the govt will be giving out so many perks that more is to be gained by just staying home. I really worry about the future for our kids' sakes.