Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am ssssooooo mad >

I am ssssooooo mad

I am ssssooooo mad

Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM

I know I should be thankful that our Walmart still offers fabric when so many don't...but the customer service there has always been lacking. I had purchased some flannel there to make a throw for a friend's daughter for her to keep in Daddy's truck. I washed and dried the fabric to get it ready to iron and cut. The printed flannel held up very nicely to the washer and dryer but the solid completely fell apart. I was so upset because I had wanted to get started on the blanket. I took it in to Walmart today on my lunch and was told by the girl cutting fabric that there was not only nothing she could do about it...even though I had my reciept....she also informed me that if I did not want things like that to happen I shouldn't buy "cheap fabric" and she walked away!! What a way to sell your product!!

Just had to vent for a minute!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:29 PM

OHHHH I sure hope you went to the manager and got a refund. They would give me one just to get me OUT of the store.. walmart stands by their stuff its just sometimes the idiots who are employeed (not all but some) are just that .. idiots. I am sorry they did a number on you today. AND I am glad you washed it first, imagine if you had sewn it and gifted it and that happened first time out of the machine? how mad would you be then?
Old 01-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Try going straight to the customer service desk..by pass the fabric dept :wink:
Old 01-05-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
OHHHH I sure hope you went to the manager and got a refund. They would give me one just to get me OUT of the store.. walmart stands by their stuff its just sometimes the idiots who are employeed (not all but some) are just that .. idiots. I am sorry they did a number on you today. AND I am glad you washed it first, imagine if you had sewn it and gifted it and that happened first time out of the machine? how mad would you be then?
I would have gone to the manager too.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:25 PM

get the district managers name and let him know about the service you recieved :thumbdown:
Old 01-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

You can complain by internet as well, get your receipt for the information, and the store has to get back to you, it is policy to, and if you have issues going to customer service, (the floor staff can't do anything but they should have informed you nicely that the customer service desk was the place to go, they don't take back fabric if you just don't want it, but they should if it is defective. and so if the desk gives you a problem, ask to talk to a manager, they have several assistant types and the head manager, and if they don't give you any satisfaction be happy to inform them that you will be happy to inform head office of the situation, head office hates to hear complaints and is hard on the stores when they get them. There is no excuse for rude service.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:13 PM

Oh my, how rude! I'm certain the management of that store would want to hear how this employee is representing Walmart and its products. There was a much better way for that employee to handle the situation. And like cutebuns said, management is paranoid to hear from the head office. Their bonuses are based on customer satisfaction and service.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:34 PM

Sure hope you reported what happened........
There was no reason for that.
Seems like more and more of that happens today.... they all want a job but don't know what to do when they get it... guess it's only the money they want....... and don't bother me when I'm on the job. Guess I too had to vent... BOL
Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

I worked for walmart here in canada for over 2 years and I was good friends with some of my managers, I know store policy and that is when I usually complain, when they are not following their own rules, Customer service is supposed to be very important to them. not that you can please everyone all the time, but there should have been some effort to help you no matter if you spent $2 or $200 (though the head manager didn't care about the shoppers, only the $$ thought that the customer was expendable, there would be someone behind you if you were not there. ) but would hand over the store to not have a complaint registered, I even complained about my old store, they were not happy with me at all, (it was after I quit)
Old 01-05-2010, 07:48 PM

You HAVE to go to customer service first. If you get no satisfaction from them (which would surprise me), ask to see the Mgr. On Duty. If that does no good, write hdqrtrs.

I also would report the clerk who did not help you resolve the problem.