Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am ssssooooo mad >

I am ssssooooo mad

I am ssssooooo mad

Old 01-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Banned

Does it seem that customer service has gone south here lately? If its not Wally world its JoAnns or its Hancock Fabrics. Whats with these people?

Billy
Old 01-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Power Poster

You would think with the job situation as it is people would be trying harder to do a good job. Guess not though.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
You would think with the job situation as it is people would be trying harder to do a good job. Guess not though.
And if managers did a little bit more FIRING, customer service would be 100% in every store....but with all the laws about getting rid of people without being sued, it makes it a nightmare.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

I doubt that clerk worked in the fabric dept. Everytime I had fabric cut at WalMart I was greeted with 'I don't work in this dept. I'm just filling in........
Old 01-05-2010, 09:00 PM

contact home office via website---that girl needs to be reported. I used to work for them and if anyone had treated a customer like that and said what was said they would have been fired. Next time go to Service desk and if that does not work---demand to see store manager. Get loud if you have to---they really do not like that
Old 01-05-2010, 09:04 PM

She did have a point though, if you want quality fabric don't buy it at walmart. You also should realise as an employee she has no personal investment in the fabric or the quality of the fabric. She's just as much at the mercy of walmart as you are.

Most manufacturers are at the point with walmart where they must start cutting the quality of thier products to the bone. They've already cut labor costs by offshoring their manufacturing facilities. Expect poorer quality every day.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:06 PM

I'd go right to the top in Arkansaw with the store and the emp's name if possible and I'd let the manager know I was going to do so.....
Old 01-05-2010, 09:09 PM

Told my friend who has worked for WalMart for 19 years about your experience and she said to go right to the service desk with the product and receipt and ask for a refund. If you don't get one then demand one, ask for the store manager, and be insistent. And if they do give you a refund without an argument at the service desk, still ask for the manager and report the clerk.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:51 AM

I did go to customer service and was directed to the fabric department because it is a "quality issue". Sadly the clerk that I dealt with is the one that is there everyday. I do by quite a bit of fabric from there for those quilts that I do not want to invest a ton of money or time into. I go to the LQS for "good" fabric. But no matter what I should have gotten a little more satisfaction then the "oh well" attitude I was given. Of course when I asked at customer service the store manager was unavailable. My husband found online when I could enter a complaint and I did that last night so I am just waiting to see if I hear anything. In the mean time I will head back there on my lunch today to see if I have anymore luck at the store level. It really isnt as much about the money now as the fact that I am sick of the lack of respect given to customers in most places these days!!
Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

KBunn,

Please do let us know if filling out the online form even gets you a reply (other than a canned response).

I would definitely speak to the manager. If one of his employees - especially a department head - how can I phrase this kindly? - does not show forth the kind of customer-friendly attitude that any store SHOULD want to be known for, then the manager needs to be made aware of it. This gives the manager the opportunity to speak to the employee and correct the problem for the future. If it's more of a "corporate policy" issue, then making the manager aware of it might bring about a change of their policy (at least in this particular store).

That said, it's hard to tell sometimes whether the tail is wagging the dog, when it comes to the combination of a department head and a manager. I'll recount a situation that I ran into a few years back that still seems ludicrous in the re-telling.

At the time, I was making *lots* of holiday placemats and selling them at local craft shows. And for whatever reason, the fabric department head took a dislike to me, and instituted a policy whereby I was only allowed to purchase five yards of any given holiday fabric. When I asked her why, she said it was "so that all the other customers would be able to get some, too." I suggested that she simply order more (she certainly could have, because it was still early in the season and the warehouse would have had more).

Well, I got rather tired of this policy so one night I asked to speak with the manager on duty, and asked him right out, how it was in the store's best interest, not to sell a whole bolt of fabric to me? As in, why would you not want to have *all* the money for your product now, rather than a little now and a little a few days or weeks from now...? He kind of stammered that... well... it was just the policy... and...

As soon as the fabric department manager was reassigned to a different job, the policy changed. Hmmm...

And, in the meanwhile, a friend of mine had been able to go in and buy a full bolt of a holiday fabric.

Imagine that. How very special... a policy just for me!