Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am ssssooooo mad >

I am ssssooooo mad

I am ssssooooo mad

Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

I would like to hear if they call. Here in Canada they have to. They don't have a choice. And they are not supposed to close it until it has been resolved. So if a manager calls and you are not satisfied then there should be more to come. They are not allowed to let it just drop. Doesn't matter if she had a valid point or not. She shouldn't have been voicing it in that manner with a customer. It was rude and uncalled for. I would complain about customer service as well. They should have called her to the desk to deal with it. She may have had to okay it as defective goods. Though they could have also called a manager to do the same thing. Some of them don't like to do their jobs very well. I helped cover a lot if depts and fabrics was one of them and I consulted with the desk all the time. I won't say working at walmart was easy. It wasn't. There can be a stigmatism to it. But i always went in with a smile and tried to do my best. Never was I rude to a customer. Even the ones that were having a bad day.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Banned

how rude. go to customer service desk
Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

Here is the proper response to rudeness is: "EXCUSE ME! What did you just S A Y to me?" That will start the person to stammering in a split second.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 PM

LOL....I wish I had thought of"EXCUSE ME"...but I was so completely surprised I was speechless. I did go back at my lunch today and spoke with the store manager. I was given a refund and a 10% off next purchase up to 50.00. I wish I could say I feel better about this resolution but I am not sure I do. I feel like he was more concerned with getting me out of there without making a fuss...then he was about addressing it with his employee. Oh well..I guess I have done all I can do.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Does it seem that customer service has gone south here lately? If its not Wally world its JoAnns or its Hancock Fabrics. Whats with these people?

Billy
Customer Service is going the way of the dinosaur. I won't say anymore, just calmly step off my soap box and walk away now. ;)
Old 01-06-2010, 01:59 PM

First go to customer service...then get in touch with the district manager...file a complaint....how she handled your problem was un-called for...
Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

Keep contacting until you get this taken care of, you should not have been treated this way.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by KBunn
I took it in to Walmart today on my lunch and was told by the girl cutting fabric that there was not only nothing she could do about it...even though I had my reciept....she also informed me that if I did not want things like that to happen I shouldn't buy "cheap fabric" and she walked away!! What a way to sell your product!!

Just had to vent for a minute!
So instead of going to customer service where returns are taken you went back and complained to somebody who had absolutely no power to do any thing for you.

How many people do you suppose have bought fabric off that same bolt? How many of them do you suppose have complained?

Not only does she not have the power to give you a refund she also doesn't have the power to take a defective product off her shelf!!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I took it in to Walmart today on my lunch and was told by the girl cutting fabric that there was not only nothing she could do about it...even though I had my reciept....she also informed me that if I did not want things like that to happen I shouldn't buy "cheap fabric" and she walked away!! What a way to sell your product!!

So instead of going to customer service where returns are taken you went back and complained to somebody who had absolutely no power to do any thing for you.

How many people do you suppose have bought fabric off that same bolt? How many of them do you suppose have complained?

Not only does she not have the power to give you a refund she also doesn't have the power to take a defective product off her shelf!!

No I went to customer service first and they directed me to fabrics because it was a quality issue and ....I went back to customer service after I talked to fabrics and was informed that the manager was not available. All in all it was not a good experience
Old 01-06-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

No I went to customer service first and they directed me to fabrics because it was a quality issue and ....I went back to customer service after I talked to fabrics and was informed that the manager was not available. All in all it was not a good experience

Sounds to me like the real problem is with the person in customer service. I don't think anybody that works in any department has the power to take returns or make adjustments of any kind and the person in customer service should have known that and the person in fabrics DID know that.