Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My machine won't stop sewing sometimes >

My machine won't stop sewing sometimes

My machine won't stop sewing sometimes

Old 01-25-2015, 05:25 PM

I don't have that brand, so this question is academic......aren't the foot pedals covered by warrantee? It appears by reading all the responses about having to replace and pay for..and some more than once...I would be talking to mfgr about what, why, and refund of $$$.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:02 AM

My DH is an electrician and put in a new electrical line just for my sewing room. I don't trip breakers any more.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:10 AM

My commercial Juki used to take phantom stitches when my back was turned. No one would believe me. Finally my husband was there when it happened. We shipped the machine back to Vancouver and they replaced the electronics at their expense.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:28 AM

My Viking occasionly does this. When it does, it is because somehow I pushed the "fix" button.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:37 AM

I haven't had this problem (yet) but I've heard about it a lot; enough that I changed things around so now I turn my machine on and off with a power strip. All my sewing task lights and my machine are plugged into a power strip that I zip-tied to the leg of my sewing table, so now everything goes on and off with THAT switch. No way my machine can start up on its own with that setup! And with all the lights, it's easy to see if I've wandered off and left my machine on, even if I can't see the screen.

I've had my 6600 for 2 years; maybe I should be proactive and see how hard that pedal is to open up...
Old 01-26-2015, 08:53 AM

Since you mentioned that it did this WITHOUT the foot control, IT IS NOT THE FOOT PEDAL. For those of you replacing your foot pedal, next time, be sure to take your machine in and try another foot pedal, or borrow one from a quilt buddy to see if it is your pedal. Another thing to try is, check the hole that the pedal plugs into. A friend of mine had this problem and it was lint in the hole. She cleaned it, wiped the cord push in thingy...with alcohol. Pushed it in and she didn't have anymore problems. Saved $100 that day. Back to Chefmama,...Unplug your machine, not just turn it off, let it sit for a day. Then plug in your machine and turn it on. Sometimes, there needs to be a reset.....since this is not your foot pedal and does it without the pedal plugged in. Then, take to the shop if it is still doing the ghost running.... When you go to the shop, take your cord plug. Ask them to check your cord plug first before spending $100 on a new pedal. There is always an off chance your machine cord has a short.(you could plug everything in and then turn on your machine, jiggle the machine cord...a short might be indicated) If your machine has a hard cover, mark the inside of the cover with a washable marker or pencil. Also put your name on your pedal and cord plug. I have had my cover and pedals exchanged with other customer's machines before.

Last edited by Lady Diana; 01-26-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:38 AM

My husband has taken mine apart and cleaned it out several times. If it isn't under warranty, try that. If it is, then let them do it.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:01 PM

This seems to be a common Janome problem. My machines has done it right from the word go and I should have taken it back but did not only because after some observation I noticed when I have a computer on in the same room it does not like it or when I am sewing on a retreat and other machines are going at the same time. I also have a wireless intercom in my sewing room and that also interfers with it when on.

Solution for me is to not use the foot pedal - only when winding my bobbin and then remove the foot pedal from the machine and use my stop/start button.

Perhaps we should bombard Janome with an email at the sametime complaining about their foot pedals and ask why we are all having this problem. Some computer chip problem or????????? which is common to their machines.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:16 PM

Here is a contact http://janome.com/en/support/general-support/
and address I suggest all who have this problem to sent note to Company
Janome America Inc. Headquarters

Janome America, Inc.
10 Industrial Ave. Ste. 2
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Old 01-26-2015, 04:37 PM

I have just emailed Janome Australia so I will let you know if I get a reply and what is says.