Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Weekend Warriors >

Weekend Warriors

Weekend Warriors

Old 01-25-2015, 08:00 PM

I have been thinking of using the one seam 3D method. Does it make the finished quilt extra bulky or heavy?
Old 01-25-2015, 08:16 PM

I straightened out sewing room, finished up a couple of throw pillow cases for DGS' and purchased the pillow forms to send with the cases to Bulgaria, I finally stepped foot inside a movie theater for the 1st time in 22yrs! Boy have they changed!! I couldn't see my hand in front of my face so I was terrified until I was seated. I wouldn't have gone today BUT DH wanted to see a movie that just came out so I went to see if I would be able to handle the new layed back chairs for when the movie that my DGS' have a small part in with Antonio Banderras comes out soon. I am happy to say I think my back will be able to handle those new reclining seats
Old 01-25-2015, 08:41 PM

Its a public holiday here in Australia - Australia Day!!! I've been cleaning up plaster dust from some renovations happening in my bathroom. Its never ending! I've had the radio going all day - Australia Day is also the day Triple J play the Hottest 100 as voted by people around the country and the world - great music from noon to 2030hrs. So its kept me going cleaning up all the dust. I'm on the home stretch now.

When I'm done with all the dust and have cleaned myself up, I'll sit back down at my sewing machine. I'm partway through a foundation pieced pineapple wall hanging / table runner - I haven't decided which yet
Old 01-26-2015, 08:40 AM

OldHairTwister, the top is not bulky, but definitely heavier than the traditionally pieced geese. They sew together quite nicely. Folding the wings back adds some extra sewing, but the textured effect looks and feels pretty neat. It feels very sturdy.

Last edited by DebraK; 01-26-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
herding geese.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507277[/ATTACH]
Is there a pattern for this
Old 01-26-2015, 11:43 AM

tellabella, this is the technique I used. http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...ilt-block.html

Ricky Tims also has a youtube video that shows you what to do.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:51 AM

I'm in "can't decide" mode. I have a space on my living room wall that needs a quilt, I want a new queen+ sized quilt for my bed and I need to make myself a few dish towels that button or snap onto the oven handle because my dogs keep knocking them on my floor and it's driving me nuts, lol. I'm kind of leaning toward the wall quilt.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:03 AM

I don't sew on weekends because this is the only time I have with DH (he works full time). However, being a snow day today, while he is out plowing the driveway, I plan to start a "Wild Goosey" quilt (a Bonnie Hunter pattern). I have put away the "Grand Illusion" quilt (also Bonnie Hunter) I was working on, as I am not happy with the pattern. Hopefully I will like it better someday...if not, I'll "upcycle" the blocks into another project.
\
Old 01-27-2015, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I'm slowly making my way through the house, cleaning Everything of dust after our bath remodel. What a mess. What a pretty bathroom.

For stitching I'm adding the last 8-10 english paper piecing pieces to the edge of my
La Passacaglia quilt from the book Millefiori Quilts by Willyne Hammerstein
This image is from back in December.
Next is to choose the border fabric and applique down those odd edges.

Life is good
Fabulous design. Thanks for sharing.