Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would you!? >

Would you!?

Would you!?

Old 02-02-2015, 07:58 AM

Default Would you?

I send my quilts to a woman in Connecticut. Her name is Debbie Scozzafava. Website is www.theycalledherlettie.com

I have always been very pleased with her work and service.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:41 AM

Often when they supply the batting it is poly, so make sure you get what you want if they supply the batting.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:49 AM

You can always try contacting the quilting guild close to them and check what is know about their reputation...?
Old 02-02-2015, 10:13 AM

Let us know if you decide to have it done and how it turned out.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
Okay so I checked out the HappyCrafters.Net and they definitely are the answer to what I need however, now I have 2 problems biggest problem is that I'm scared of mailing the tops (although I have done this before). Secondly I decided to try to do the quilting on my DSM and I just don't know what went wrong but I was doing a meander all of a sudden it started dragging, like I was having a really tough time moving the top. I checked everything, cleaned all visible lint out changed the needle even put the feed dogs up to clean and then back down, nothing helped. The stitches got so tiny it was nightmarish getting them out, but I did get them out only to have it happen again and again. I even tried a different machine the stitches are just so different I have done one row and the beginning of the second what should I do rip it all out and send it off? I seriously just want to have these done so I can move on to my next project. BTW I forgot to tell you the pattern is the BQ 2.
Are you using a walking foot? If so, the spring inside the walking foot could be shot. When this happens, the foot no longer feeds the quilt properly.

Honestly, if I were you, I would just pick out those stitches and mail the tops to the longarmer. The safest way is probably to put both into the smallest priority mail box the post office has (the priority boxes are free; you just pay the postage). I think they come automatically with tracking, so you can track the package to its destination.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
here's a list of board members who quilt for hire:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...s-t169702.html
Looks like this list needs cleaning up as some have not followed the rules of consistently posting in quilting sections of the forums Some of the last post actively is quite awhile ago...Just saying. I am surprised the list is so short.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:05 PM

Whenever I'd see Charisma's name on QB, I knew I had to see her quilting. Everything she does is gorgeous!
Old 02-02-2015, 06:33 PM

I sent one of my quilts to Jeannie Butler, Butler Country Crafts, in Montana about 8 years ago. I was scared, but she did a beautiful job, was reasonable, and has quilted probably a 100 or more for me, friends and family. We pretty much use her exclusively. You won't be sorry. She provides the batting and thread in her price. I am not related just love sharing her talents. She does give a $5. Credit for a referral. You can go to her website and see pricing. She is a very nice lady.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by carla m View Post
I normally use a local quilter to quilt my tops theres a few in my area but I did send one to a quilter here on the board. I have seen many photos of her work her name is charisma and she did an excellent job and I was very happy with her price and work. im usually in too much of a hurry to send something out that far as she lives in wa and I live in ok. I also don't trust the us mail that much as they've a lost a pkg or 2 of mine in the past. that quilt was a gift for
a company in mi my husband made it to present it at a convention, we were going to attend.
Carla m
I also used Charisma and she did a lovely job. I would be leery of someone I did not know, or had not seen her work. I id know a local lady and took a quilt to her. She decided to let her daughter learn on my quilt. It was a mess and totally ruined. Even after asked her to fix the quilt it was ruined.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
I happen to be on ebay checking out some things and saw ads for having your quilt top quilted by a person with a long arm (some of the prices were extremely reasonable). My question is this would you entrust your quilt top to someone you didn't know and also has anyone done it. If you did were you satisfied and would you do it again? This may sound completely insane but I have made 2 tops for my elderly neighbors and I told her about them before the holidays, she is indirectly asking about them and I don't know how to tell her that it could take a while for them to get the quilts because right now I can't afford to pay for them to be quilted. I have thought about completing them on my DSM but that is another problem because she loves the fancy quilting she has seen on my other quilts. I would really appreciate your feedback on this situation before I do something I may regret.
Have you looked in the telephone book for quilters in your area? There is surely some listed. If you can't find on locally, go to the nearest fabric shop and talk to them, they will probably tell you of someone. If not, just tell the lady that will be sometime before she gets hers because you have to save up if you have the quilts quilted by someone else . Maybe she will offer to pay for the quilting.