Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Yo-yo's >

Yo-yo's

Yo-yo's

Old 02-05-2015, 09:34 PM

Default Yo-yo's

Help! I have made a quilt and now want to attach a good number of yo-yo's. I would like the back to still look nice, without a lot of extra stitches. This is a first for me and am hoping for some direction. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:31 PM

I am assuming your quilt has been quilted and bound. To attach the Toyota you can just hand stitch them to the quilt without going through the batting and the back.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
I am assuming your quilt has been quilted and bound. To attach the Toyota you can just hand stitch them to the quilt without going through the batting and the back.
Sorry to laugh, but I assume you have auto-correct? Toyota seems a strange correction of an age old word like yo-yo!
Old 02-06-2015, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

I am debating on a wall hanging quilt with yo-yos to attached them after I have quilted the quilt or attach them before I quilt it. Will be watching this thread.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

I am laughing outloud.....
Old 02-06-2015, 06:18 AM
dd

Just what kind of Toyota is this? Need some pretty strong thread to keep the Toyota on there. Funniest post yet. Thanks for the laughs.

I would just tack the yoyos onto the top of the quilt without sewing all the way thru. Catch some of the batting in the stitches and make the knots under the yoyos so you can't see them. Probably need a couple stitches around the edges to keep it flat.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:29 AM

I've decorated items with yo-yos with a sort of applique stitch. Problem I had that when the item was washed, the yo-yos didn't look so good, they got wrinkled, and I couldn't figure out how to straighten then out, probably should have used a little spray starch and worked with the a little.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:41 AM

If it were me and this was going to be a "used" item as opposed to decorative, I would attach those yoyos before quilting....around the edges and tack down the center for stability...I guess you can do that after quilting, but easier to work on prior to......jmho
Old 02-07-2015, 07:27 AM

I've done this before and just make sure all threads start and end under the yoyo and that they don't go through to the back. Easy peasy!
Old 02-07-2015, 08:14 AM

What is a yo-yo on a quilt?? ???