Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am ssssooooo mad >

I am ssssooooo mad

I am ssssooooo mad

Old 01-07-2010, 11:01 PM

I hope you got your money back. I don't know what Walmart's problem is. I was there trying to buy fabric and a younger lady came up and we rang that dumb bell several times and no one came, so the young lady said heck, I bet we could figure this out, and we measured and labeled our own fabric. It sounds pretty rash, but honestly, we didn't have any choice. (we didn't cheat either!) the next time I was there I told the employee what happened, and she didn't even respond or looked shocked or anything! I thought maybe they would take the hint, but more times than not there is no one there.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:28 AM

I am sorry. If you go to Walmart and expect 1st class service it is like going to your local corner repair shop and expecting them to fix your European sports car.
If you get crap from Walmart, just think of what you paid. If you paid 10-12 4 dollah a yard, then you have a complaint.

BTW- I don't go to Wally's Works...
I don't have an issue with how they treat their returns.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:28 AM

I'd have been furious and so angry, I would have started turning red and puffing up and losing my breath just trying to find the manager. By the time I found whoever, I'd have been crying. Why, Hormones--Stress--holding in the feeling that I want to slap someone upside the head, but I'm not violent so I cry.
Quilting a day, keeps the phychosises at bay:) Bethy
Old 01-08-2010, 06:12 AM

Customer service is lacking in many stores these days. There was no need - no matter how bad of a day she was having to be rude - no matter if she was as substitute from another dept... Customer satisfaction guaranteed - baloney... Wal Mart is NOT a good store - 90% of their products are made in China... I do not shop at Wal Mart.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Does it seem that customer service has gone south here lately? If its not Wally world its JoAnns or its Hancock Fabrics. Whats with these people?

Billy
Customer Service is going the way of the dinosaur. I won't say anymore, just calmly step off my soap box and walk away now. ;)
I agree - it's part of why I support my local shops [read: non-chain] whenever I can. It's harder to be nasty to your customers if you have to run into them in the grocery store, too. Not impossible, but harder.

I'm glad the mgr gave you your money back. I'm sure this experience will give you pause the next time you need fabric, though. Who wants to put money in the pockets of mean people? I've started looking online (I like eBay a lot these days) for cheap fabric when cheap is a priority. FreeCycle, too. And Craigslist. Lots of people will *give* you their excess fabric when they decide they no longer want it.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:52 AM

I am so sorry for the bad experience, I work for one of the few Walmart stores in Texas that still sell fabric. My job is customer service manager and believe me if that happened at our store there would be one more unemployed person! Please don't let this go... take it on to the manager and I promise they will take care of it
Old 01-08-2010, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bethy
I'd have been furious and so angry, I would have started turning red and puffing up and losing my breath just trying to find the manager. By the time I found whoever, I'd have been crying. Why, Hormones--Stress--holding in the feeling that I want to slap someone upside the head, but I'm not violent so I cry.
Quilting a day, keeps the phychosises at bay:) Bethy
LOL! I like that line. :)

I cry when I'm mad, too! And I hate it that it's seen as a weakness. I'd rather cry than assault someone. Somehow, it just seems more polite.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:42 AM

Same Here I would have gotten that girls name and handed him the receipt and told him I want a refund is this the type of material that you want to sell or buy and I would have said to him. I made this for a friend or whoever it was for and told him how would you feel after buying the material and putting the time and effort into this and look what happen to it because of this Material that I bought here.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:31 PM

Well since we are dissing Walmart, guess what I read on the yahoo page today. A graduate student was doing some research & found bags of clothes from Walmart that were good clothes but were slashed so they were unusuable. They were thrown away instead of being donated to a charity. Walmart spokesperson said she was unware of such policies but it would not happen again.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:33 PM

Hi again! I don't want to just rag on Walmart, but most all the places of big businesses. Unless you know the people working there, it seems that people have forgotten how to work with out acting like it's killing them. Course now I've got one little quilt I'm trying to finish and I'm just growling all over the place, but there again I'm not working with or for the public. Things have changed and if we don't support our local stores, then I'm afraid that we will probably have to settle for the treatment we get. There is no pride in big places of work and people don't seem to worry about their jobs until things get bad like now and then that doesn't seem to distress some. I'm on my high horse again and I'm fixin to fall, I can feel ittttttt! Quilt it today for tomorrow you may have to clean. Oh no that's just wrong. Bethy