Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-11-2015, 06:29 AM

Love the surprise destinations!! Everything is wonderful in these pkgs. Look at how cute those slippers are!!
Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
And Lynnie sent me to Eqypt:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513084[/ATTACH]

Isn't it wonderful? What's more perfect than a mug rug that represents a place where cats were once worshipped???

Lynnie also sent a bunch of amazing goodies! She made me one of her famous (infamous??) needle cases, which I was secretly hoping would happen one day! Also, a pincushion, a pair of green flip-flops she made for me (& in my favorite color), two lovely crocheted dishcloths, 2 pens, 2 chocolate bars & 2 wonderful notes! Here's a photo of the entire package:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513085[/ATTACH]

Thank you so much, Lynnie! A super swap package, for sure! We can swap again any time!

(Now, where did I put those tickets to Egypt???)
Old 03-11-2015, 07:04 AM

I use a few thumb tacks to hang them. they leave tiny holes in the walls (phew) but I can arrange things in a fun way so I can see them all the time. These are hanging in my kitchen. Its hard in the morning to wake up so I figure.. a colorful wall or two of art work and you cant help but start the day happy. plus its where I sew .

I love your little quilt Kiffie! that is something for sure to hang up heck with putting a mug on it. ok most are so pretty I would rather hang them than use them so show us your idea if you don't hang it what do you do them> I believe Jaba lines her stairway and hangs them in her kitchen. I have a couple I use on my tables for mug rugs that fit my décor really well and hang the rest. I have a few now so I rotate them based on the season. I also put them in the top of the sideboard top drawers and have them hang down the front. I had a seriously hard time taking the fall leaf I had up the down lol. it didn't go with Christmas but oh I liked the colors in that one! cant wait to see MORE!!! oh and hello Vitality! hope life is treating you kindly!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:15 AM

I wondered if I couldn't arrange and sew them in such a way that I would have a small snuggle blanket or throw. They are already quilted so once they were sewn together it would be done. The shapes and sizes are all different so that would take some thought.....there would be some extra piecing.....but I think it would be lovely. If someone went through a whole year's swap it could be done as a keepsake for that year.

Just some creative musings.....
Old 03-11-2015, 07:45 AM

wow if you have a good idea how to sew them together (um blanket stitch or perhaps zig zag?) how would you get them together edge to edge... and they are all different sizes remember... please like your idea share!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:46 AM

I want Lynnie as a swapper next time........she does the coolest stuff. Robinlee

Originally Posted by dfelker View Post
Love the surprise destinations!! Everything is wonderful in these pkgs. Look at how cute those slippers are!!
Old 03-11-2015, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
wow if you have a good idea how to sew them together (um blanket stitch or perhaps zig zag?) how would you get them together edge to edge... and they are all different sizes remember... please like your idea share!
Linda, don't give this too much credit. This was a "thought".....let me see if I can figure out how to put it all together. lol

Right now my MR's are all tacked up along a beam under a window in my sewing area. I love looking at them.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:09 AM

Ah Rosemary I see a beautiful beach
Old 03-11-2015, 02:30 PM

Wow! Just stopping by to see what's arriving . . . some really beautiful MR's Inspiring and talent running deep here!!!
Old 03-11-2015, 03:20 PM

You could put them together using this method...
http://www.freemotionquilting.blogsp...-building.html
Old 03-11-2015, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

you couls add fabric around them to make a 12" block then sew them together. some of mine, I use,others are pinned to the wall. Brat, it leaves a smaller hole, a pin, not a tack. Can't wait to get next month's theme. Is everyone else chomping at the bit like me? Or, am I the only crazy one here?