Machine shed update

Old 03-29-2015, 06:52 AM

Cathy, THIS is what Joey wants. A house way out in the boonies. I'm soooooo very sick of cities. Could you please post a pic of the front, or the other side anyway?

Oh, and the shed's coming along really nice too. I can't wait to see it all filled with machines.

Joe
Old 03-29-2015, 07:43 AM

They are both wonderful. I love your house. DH and I have done "about" the same here on our little six acres of paradise/Tennessee hills. My sewing room is only 8 or 10 years old, and I need to get out there and "clean it up" head to toe. Just won't take the time out of creating a quilt for this GK or that--I do hate to be working on an idea so firmly in my mind, and have to get myself into "clean-up" mode. It takes me forever to get back into the "create" mode, and somehow grandchildren don't realize that a quilt is not an "ask for it today and pick it up tomorrow" thing.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 AM

Very nice and I imagine you're getting excited to finish it and move everything in (and we want plenty of photos)! Very beautiful spot you have.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:34 AM

Well Joe, it is set up for homesteaders - and while the machine side of that shed is nice - the summer kitchen on the other side is a real plus. It's been messed up while we are working on the Machine side. Will need to get it put back together before harvest.

Today DH is cleaning the concrete blocks so he can put on waterproofing paint (inside and out) and then he'll work on electrical and I'll paint next weekend, and then start moving stuff in. For now, we plan on leaving the floor as it is.

The following weekend is the road trip - looking forward to new machines and fabric. I want to stop at Missouri Quilt Company on the way.

I am looking forward to getting stuff out of my house - then I'll have room to easily move around by quilt frame and get back to what I really enjoy - using my longarm.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:09 AM

Beautiful job, very professional job and know you will be happy with it. Can't wait to see it done and machines set up.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:15 AM
KLO

Your shed has turned out great! And it will look even more fantastic once the eye candy gets set up in there. I also love to idea of a summer kitchen. I guess you "put up" a lot of what you grow in the summer? How wonderful to have a kitchen out of the house in which to do that. We used to live out in the country on 13 acres but moved closer in for several reasons. Got to do what you got to do sometimes whether you want to or not. Looking forward to more photos in the future. And good luck with the painting.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:55 AM

What a wonderful home you have! The space, and the sewing shed, and summer kitchen. It sounds like Heaven!

The interior of your sewing shed looks like my living room at the moment...although we have finished painting. Hang in there; it will all come together.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:40 PM

Joe = here are some "front of the house" pictures for you LOL!!

and one of my favorites

The shed is a very simple project compared to what we've done with this house - took us about 10 years to get it where it is now - but it's stable and should stand for another 100 years (barring tornadoes, that is)
Old 03-29-2015, 12:46 PM

This is what it looks like in the spring- when we still have green grass.

And what it looked like before we started.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:45 PM

Wow! You two did a lot of work on that. Homesteading ....... hmmmm. Joe