Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you think is coming down the pike? >

What do you think is coming down the pike?

What do you think is coming down the pike?

Old 04-25-2015, 07:04 AM

I wonder would it be possible to put a chip in the quilts like they do for animals, that way it might be able to track it, although I am not sure anyone would want to be tracked all the time due to the quilt, but if it came up missing who knows.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

bobbins that are marked with type or style number
Old 04-25-2015, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

The problem I see with tracking device is a quilt is it is easily detected and can be cut out leaving only a tiny hole. Maybe thread coated with tracking info? Now that would be fantastic.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

I agree with Jan and Misty's Mom. There are so many things that haven't been invented yet to make our quilting life easier, but at the moment can't think of any. The one thing I've seen, but do not have is an automatic needle threader, as well as an automatic thread cutter that I've seen on some of the newer models. At the very least I believe there will be new tools to make our quilting easier, from cutting to piecing to machine quilting on domestic machines. The possibilities are endless.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I hope I'm able to look down from Heaven someday and see whatever it is for myself.
I also hope, when I get there, God will have designed my 'mansion' with a glorious sewing studio!

Jan in VA
I see a lot of us want to join you, Jan. Maybe we could have a "Quilters' Compound" where each house has a sewing studio and there is a community quilting center where we can meet when we want to!
Old 04-25-2015, 03:23 PM

I know some of my templates I bought (Shar Jorgarson) that I have never used, are already useless.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:05 PM

I'd like something that counted the pieces you've cut so I'm not figuring and refiguring all the time--just cut out 2744 pieces for a queen size Storm At Sea for my daughter from the table covers from her wedding--or at least I hope that's how many I cut!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila_Newhouse View Post
I wonder would it be possible to put a chip in the quilts like they do for animals, that way it might be able to track it, although I am not sure anyone would want to be tracked all the time due to the quilt, but if it came up missing who knows.
I'd take this idea one further...Maybe a Quilt Society would mark special quilts and log their movement throughout the world. They could take donated quilts for this and start them at different sites, then see how they travel throughout the world.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:40 PM

I wish they would make some of these cutting devises more reasonably priced for us old ladies that are pursuing this hobby on a fixed income. I've seen some things that are new "inventions" and I think, "Why didn't I think of that!!?" Some of them are so simple and clever and wonderful to use!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:39 PM

Maybe a machine that holds a full spool of thread in the bobbin. I would love that one as I hate it when I always run out at a critical time.