Machine Shed update

Old 05-13-2015, 12:18 PM

I just love seeing all of those beautiful machines out on shelves where you can see them and then a place to bring one down to sew on. Your sewing shed is going to be awesome.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:03 PM

You and Hubby can still two-step around in there, can't you?

CD in Oklahoma
Old 05-13-2015, 02:59 PM

got things more orgainzed. DH and I will be making supports for the machines so they will be stable on the shelves. Some are still on the floor because they won't stand up by themselves.

Here are some pictures

BTW - it's looking like the Domestic (one in the middle row close to the wall) may be heading to CA - and if that is the case, I'll put a smaller cabinet there and a person will be able to walk all the way around - no dead end.

I'll also be putting another shelf in the back corner - to put some of the silverware boxes for storing attachments. (It will be in the corner you can't see in this picture LOL!)

Here is the upstairs room - almost all Singers, plus my Mom's old White - got a bit of arranging to do here. All the attachment sets that weren't in treadle cabinet are still in the house.

here are the four dashboard machines I have. I started collecting them and then decided I better stop as I may not have room for them.

And the two industrials. I'm going to pull the quilting frame forward a bit so I can have room to use these.

CD - we may not be able to two step- but we can chase each other around the machines once the Domestic is moved out.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:25 PM

Wow! It looks like you are getting it done. What a wonderful place you two have built. I love it. And I love all the machines too. What a creative idea!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

That all looks pretty fabulous! I saw the little Sew Handy in one of the first pictures. Nice job you two are doing.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:58 PM

Fantastic! Waiting for my hubby to finish my sewing room, have two houses full of sewing machines and can't wait to get them all moved into their own room. Have 7 treadles with large cabinets and many other electrics with cabinets.
At this moment, there are 6 treadle heads and a Featherweight sitting on my dining room table. Your room looks gorgeous! Wow, what a neat idea to have the shelves, I could save more treadle heads for display. Love seeing pics of other sewing machine rooms.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:23 PM

Cathy,

You've got it bad... you beat me by a mile!

The shelves look great and I can see how well they function.. I may have to "borrow" your idea... my space is becoming hoarderesque....
Old 05-14-2015, 01:05 PM

Looking great! I'm a fan of your shelves too. They look and work great! It's nice to see these old machines being displayed properly. The library table you have at the entrance is perfect( I forget the brand of machine). The wood on that one is incredible!
Rodney
Old 05-14-2015, 01:22 PM

Rodney, that is Davis made Minnesota A- it's got a special base to fit in the table. I need to get slide plates for it. I believe they are slightly shorter than the regular Davis MN A ones, so I'll probably get some regular ones and cut them down.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:20 AM

I love it. I would have to have my little rolling step stool to save moving the ladder around.