Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Almost >

Almost

Almost

Old 08-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

Went back today and shop was open. It had very little quilting cotton so I got 2 pieces 1/2 meter each, a type of thimble I have never seen, some thread just because, and the man who was in charge seemed to think I needed bobbins. Could always use a few more. He also had several vintage machines on display. He sold treadle belts by the (meter?) length. He spoke no English and we could only say Danke. While we were there a lady was bringing in an older Pfaff for repair. All in all a happy experience. I think I am going to frame some of the fabric for my new sewing room. Passau really is a lovely town.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
We are in Passau, Germany and were walking through town and there was a big sewing machine store. Lots of machines, a wall of fabrics and thread and notions galore. Closed today!! Insert sad face here. We are pulling out later so no opportunity to go back. That is a place I could have found a souvenir or three.
I was there in December on a Sunday and they were closed. I was very frustrated. I just loved Passau though. Maybe I'll get to go back someday.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Skyangel View Post
At least you didn't have the sticker shock when you see what fabric costs over there.
I see a lot of QB members from other country's buy fabric from the USA and even with shipping save a fortune on yard goods.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

MarieM - I did go back the next day and it was open. I got a few things just for the fun of it. The river between Passau and Niremberg is too low for the boat to travel so we have been docked for a couple of days but that is no problem since I could go back to that store. It wasn't about a bargain. I didn't spend much. Just wanted the experience.