Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Organization Weekend? 9/26-27 >

Organization Weekend? 9/26-27

Organization Weekend? 9/26-27

Old 09-24-2015, 06:46 PM

I did fabric sorting / organizing in the spring but never got to the wooden cabinet where I keep all notions & thread.
Found someone that will take my extras so will be happy to sort stuff. Problem --I have this quilt contract to do and really need to stay with it . If I get the one top finished tomorrow I will join you though on Sat as shouldn't take me anymore than one day. Or else I will do on Sun late afternoon --glad to have it done for the winter.

Took me hours to do the pattern today because I am working from 16 blocks all ready made and limited fabric for backing. So hope it goes together fast.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:21 AM

Count me in. I have been sorting many things in our house in anticipation of a move. Not moving in the immediate future but our house is 4 levels. My sorting has been other than sewing room. Time to dig into some mystery boxes and piles.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by huskyquilter View Post
Oh man! Hubby and I just planned a 're-arrange the apartment' weekend for the 3rd and 4th, so I'm going to start today and do some sewing organizing this weekend. We have a one room apartment, so when we re-arrange it means all my sewing stuff has to get organized as well. It's about time for that anyway, since I just finished a quilt... I'll admit, I'm a little embarrassed to take pix, but I'll show you mine if you show me yours...
...oh my I just cannot imagine a one room apartment.......but have fun reorganizing.......
Old 09-25-2015, 07:51 AM

I'm with you on the organizing this weekend. I have just been dropping stuff in my sewing room the past several months and not sewing. I am taking my machines in today for some fine tuning and hope to get back to sewing as soon as they come home. It would be so nice to have everything in its place and ready to go next week.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:53 AM

I'm so excited to see everyone joining in!! My weekend is busier than I expected, but I'm still going to put as much energy as I can into this. I'll be in and out on Saturday and then definitely in for Sunday.

Let's all post before and afters - it's so inspiring to see what everyone does. Really looking forward to getting some good, solid work done!
Old 09-25-2015, 12:14 PM

I'm in too! My Viking Sewing Gallery had a bunch of classes one after the other, which I signed up for (most of which are now UFO's). I'd get supplies ready for one class, dump the supplies from previous class, and did that for too many classes. Now I have a big mess and not sure where anything is. REALLY, it's not that bad, but when I got in there, I do not feel inspired. I will be up early tomorrow to start on OUR organizing project. I'm not sure I want to post any before pictures. I'd have to straighten up a little before taking the "before" picture! haha
Old 09-25-2015, 03:22 PM

I keep looking for the "Like" button. So glad we're all in!
Old 09-25-2015, 04:07 PM

In May I moved to a new-to-me home. I finally got my sewing room organized and changed a few things and really had to purge from a four bedroom to a two bedroom. It had been 25 years since I moved, so it was about time. Everyone should moved every 15 years, just to get rid of a lot of "stuff" that is not needed. Whew - glad is done!!!
Old 09-25-2015, 05:32 PM

I wish I could. I will be packing up a lot of my house all next week and getting ready for all new carpet and tile to be installed. When I put everything back is when I will be organizing and getting rid of things. Not just in the sewing room, but the whole house. I have wayyyy toooo much stuff!! I will look for pictures here to see all the work you all do!!
Old 09-26-2015, 09:39 AM

Progress report #1. Started at 9:30 am today and took "before" pictures of the hot mess called my sewing room.

First goal was to clear off the cutting table. Or rather, go on an archaeological excursion to unearth where I Thought I might find it.

By 10:30 I saw most of the surface. I was systematically dealing with the scraps, sorting them by color into newly labeled, clear plastic shoeboxes. My old system of sorting by strip size wasn't working like I envisioned a year ago.

By 11:00 I had pinned strip sets together for my next 9 patch. All of this took place at my cutting table, on my feet

MY DH made a big country breakfast and did the dishes and no one interrupted me. Bliss.....and then he took our teen son out for shoes....more quiet time to organize....more bliss .

By 1:00 I had finished clearing, sorting, rearranging stuff on the table for more efficiency (translation: a lot of fussing and OCD emerging) and emptied the very full trash can. I snapped some ""after" shots which, I hope, upload easily later.

I then took a lunch break. Restaurant leftoers, no cooking required. More bliss still!

I need a nap.

Last edited by zozee; 09-26-2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Typos