Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Your Current Project? >

What's Your Current Project?

What's Your Current Project?

Old 10-31-2015, 04:38 AM

My current project is trying to figure out what my next project will be. I walk into my sewing room and get kind of overwhelmed but it has to be a stash busting project. I may tackle a mini project.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:45 AM

Hand made Christmas ornaments- I never get tired of making yo-yo ornaments. I decorate them up with beads,(center and dangling) and add stiffening and sparkle to them with Sparkle Mod Podge for fabrics.I have 15 grands and want to make each one of them a "keepsake" ornament for Christmas this year.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:48 AM

I've just finished two baby D9P quilts (needed next month) and the last of 3 advent calendars.

Just started stitching together a wedding signature friendship braid wallhanging (2 months late but won't take long).

I'm 2 months behind on my Craftsy BOM, and I've a wee OBW top that just needs its border finalised.

I also need to quilt my recent train-ride mystery top.......

Busy, busy, busy.... lol
Old 10-31-2015, 05:07 AM

I am just finishing up a log cabin quilt from the Judy Martin book-quite a different pattern. Also trying to get binding finished on DGD quilt made for Christmas present. Had to put those two projects on back burner so I could get a Glinda and Dorothy of Wizard of Oz costumes made for Halloween. Whew---I am tired just writing about it! LOL
Old 10-31-2015, 05:15 AM

I am sewing the lining for two totes for my sister in laws and then want to make a table runner for my sis. Many quilt UFos but I don't really have time to quilt them right now. Love the sense of accomplishment from doing smaller projects
Old 10-31-2015, 05:26 AM

making patchwork Christmas stockings....have lots of Christmas fabric I want to use up...big laugh...if I live to 150 I will never use it all....I am 79...
Old 10-31-2015, 05:33 AM

I just finished color tinting and am starting the hand embroidery on the new crabapple hill design "Salem Witches Guild"..it is so cute. Last week made quilted curling iron covers (used the silver ironing board fabric for the inside)...really nice when you travel. I saw them on pinterest and will give them to all the "girls" in the family for Christmas. Last night made Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer pillow cases for my niece's 3 year old twins. Today I will sandwich a Christmas themed string quilt and tomorrow finish up block 2 of newest Primitive Gathering block of the month (wool applique) while watching the Green Bay Packers Win��
Old 10-31-2015, 05:56 AM

This last week, I foolishly started another quilt: Converging Corners. I have about six quilts in the almost finished stages. Some need only a few hours to completion, but when I see something cute, I have to make at least a block of it. Converging Corners doesn't work until you have at least 4 blocks done; I have 13 started, 2 done! That's another quilt!
Old 10-31-2015, 06:02 AM

I am almost finished with the top of a quilt I am doing for my DGS who is 12 and loves to fish. It is called"Up a Lazy River" by Carolyn Griffin. Wwwfarflungquilts.com
Old 10-31-2015, 06:08 AM

Working on 2 Christmas tree skirts, next challenge is to make picket fence blocks for a tulip quilt top I have sewn together, then want to work on making a quilt from the Night Before Christmas book panel. If anyone has a quick and easy picket fence block idea, let me know. Oh and I carved some pumpkins this year after having cataract surgery on both eyes.